How do you know you're on the right track?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
How do you know if the career you're pursuing is what God wants for you?

Comments

• it is very hard but with the Gods help you will know its right. You will need a lot of prayer from your heart. somehow God will open a way for you. He will open the door and close the others. God will answer your prayer by making your heart open to the career he thinks is right for you.  Your are going to see that the one he wants for you is waiting and it might get easier for you when you push for it.  But if you see every single door closing in front you and it just gets difficult and difficult then that might not be the right career for you. Again this needs a lot of prayer from your heart. I am not sure if I answered your question but I am sure God is going to help you in every way.God be with you.  :)
  • I don't know the answer to this question but one good way is to pick a career which you will have no trouble completing on your own I wish I did this such as a math degree for me
    The only reason I wish I did this is because if and when I complete my engineering degree will I actually use it to help anyone such as a company ? will I be lazy and not try to apply myself? Have I lost the motivation I started with or did the desire for other things enter my heart ? those other things are not to be ignored but why have I not overcome my problem prioritising? Has being realistic destroyed my dreams ?
    I am guessing 95 percent of people undertaking a difficult degree have also needed help from other people but are you one of those people who others will help gladly ? Do you mix well with others ?
    some people only start a career when they feel they are well prepared for it such as taking programming classes at a community college or learning it on their own and I think this is wise
    I am worried that even if I was to take a math degree I run the risk of not even a professor wanting to help me when I am stuck because they want me to do it on my own or mix with other people I know the people of the world are sometimes so apathetic  to people who want to do something good I may find no one in the universe willing to help
    That's not going to stop me from trying only a loser would not try because in everything there are obstacles and offenses and perhaps I will give God room to work
  • If I could start again I would choose a math degree or something similar but I am not going to Uni again
    But I hope I gain benefit from that I could be losing opportunity to make money just to study things I will not apply and which I would not help people
    And I may lose the opportunity to learn great gems of knowledge in other fields but I may be able to learn them from books but not having contacts geniuses in the field is a disadvantage
    There might be special knowledge taught in universities and one on one
  • yes you will know if the career is right because your motivation will grow towards that career too. however sometimes it may get difficult do not quit. But with Gods help he will get you through it. I am also studying engineering which is difficult and theirs thoughts in my head why don't you something easier?don't trouble yourself? your doing to much you dont need to put to much effort into it. But do however be careful because the devil loves to play with your mind sometimes. Don't just go into the career because its the easy way out. But rather know that the career your going into is God telling you that he specifically chose this for you. No matter how hard and easy it is God will get you through because hes the one who picked it for you.
  • Perhaps but it really is not always a bad idea to do what you are good at in fact it may sometimes be the wisest decision
  • Yes that's a wise decision and something you love to do because. God deffently have you a talent or a skill which might help you alot. Find something that you are good at and that you find most interesting. Then pray to God about it. Just remember its something your going to do the rest of your life so you don't want to be bored. Again pray to God and he will not leave and he will show you the way
  • Your are going to see that the one he wants for you is waiting and it might get easier for you when you push for it. 
  • [quote author=Godzilla link=topic=14108.msg162469#msg162469 date=1357517605]

I you like the job, I think it is what God wants for you.
  • I sure hope so!

Prayers please :)
  • perhaps there is no such thing as a career God wants for you. You do whatever you can do to live with yourself at the time you may find happiness in all ways. You may be able to do good in something you are good at but even then you may be unhappy choose whichever way makes you happy. But probably if you are exceptionally talented and able to help others more than other people can help in a certain field you will probably be most happy

• [quote author=Godzilla link=topic=14108.msg162469#msg162469 date=1357517605]

That's the wrong mentality my friend. God's will is not just one specific job that is meant for you, or one specific place to live. No. God's will is like a field. As long as your life is within this field, then you are doing God's will. God will not care much about what career you choose, as long as it is an honest work, and you are faithful in completing your work.