How to Confess ?

While i should know the answer to this, it is something i have been struggling with for years now.
I do not know how to confess.
I get to embarrassed/ashamed to talk to my FOC.
I think its because i get shy around him.
I also do not know how to go about confessing my sins, it seems like i just give excuses for the actions/sins i have committed which I know is wrong.
How can i get over this?
I don't know what to confess about, like "i lied" is that good enough or should i be more open like the specifics?
Can advice will be helpful?
How can i get the most out of my confession?
How can i have a better relationship with my FOC with out being ashamed or shy?

Thanks,

Comments

• Confession should be short and clear: what you did wrong with out trying to justify it.
    What comes next is the priests job and that is counselling which could take hours. You have to remember that your FOC is there to help you further your relationship with Christ and that in confession your not only talking to a Priest but to God through the priest. You shouldn't be scared or shy of your FOC because he isn't allowed to change what he thinks of you or tell anyone what you have done or else he will be judged on that. Finally you should ask questions about things that bother you or things that you want to know about, things that you see lacking in your life or problems that you need to solve.

Pray for my weakness

God Bless
  • [quote author=CoptPride link=topic=14083.msg162316#msg162316 date=1356924012]
    While i should know the answer to this, it is something i have been struggling with for years now.
    I do not know how to confess.
    I get to embarrassed/ashamed to talk to my FOC.
    I think its because i get shy around him.
    I also do not know how to go about confessing my sins, it seems like i just give excuses for the actions/sins i have committed which I know is wrong.
    How can i get over this?
    I don't know what to confess about, like "i lied" is that good enough or should i be more open like the specifics?
    Can advice will be helpful?
    How can i get the most out of my confession?
    How can i have a better relationship with my FOC with out being ashamed or shy?

Thanks,
    Mary

Here are the steps on how to confess:

1. Go to abouna and tell him all the bad stuff you did

Done, give you advice and pray over you.

Don't forget to repent before.

And don't be ashamed or shy, it's no point. You feel much better afterwards anyhow. I went to abouna and told him all the profanity and dirty words I used one time. I didn't care about being ashamed because I knew I would be cleansed; wiping that load off my chest.

Want me to post the profane words I used? They're so horrible, it's not even funny, hahaha. It's hilarious.
  • [quote author=childofaKing link=topic=14083.msg162357#msg162357 date=1357061520]
    Check this out: http://stmarkdc.publishpath.com/confession ; :)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet dude! You rock!