Ibrahim ayad

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
What rank is ibrahim ayad. Does anyone have any idea whatsoever??

Comments

• [quote author=kahraba13 link=topic=13890.msg161224#msg161224 date=1353236740]
    What rank is ibrahim ayad. Does anyone have any idea whatsoever??

He is a full deacon. He can give out the Blood during the distribution.
  • If he's a full deacon, shouldn't he serve inside the altar?
    Oujai
  • I've always wondered who that deacon in the hat was
  • Thats Diakon Rogdy, atleast im pretty sure that his name:)
  • He's the only one ive seen ever wear that hat before.
  • [quote author=+Kyrillos+ link=topic=13890.msg161232#msg161232 date=1353260239]
    Thats Diakon Rogdy, atleast im pretty sure that his name:)

He was actually ordained Archdeacon in order to take the responsibilities of the Archdeacon at the Ordination of the Pope :)
  • yea he was a deacon before the need arose for him to become archdeacon
  • I'm also pretty sure his celibate & completely consecrated for service in the cathedral and the pope.
    He played a big role on Sunday so his lucky too!  :p
  • It's Archdeacon Roshdy......

Fady, I don't think a full deacon is "forced" to serve in the Sanctuary....
  • Archdeacon Roshdi Wassef is not celibate. He is married and has one (maybe two) children.

For those interested in his background, he has a MA from the Higher Institute of Coptic Studies, and a PhD in Liturgy from Aristotle University in Thessaloniki. His dissertation is available online (in Greek) and is about the history of the Coptic liturgy of St. Basil, and a critical edition of some Greek manuscripts of the liturgy of St. Basil. He studied under the renowned Liturgical scholar Ioannis Fountouli, of late memory.

He is now, and has been for years, professor of liturgy at the clerical college, and basically the provost of the college (not sure how to translate the position Wakeel).