Change in Vestments

In this picture, what is HH Pope Kyrillos wearing? Why did the Bishops of that time usually wear their bornos only and leave their black immas on? Even at the Altar Lot liturgy and HH Pope Shenouda's ordination, they are wearing the same thing when today, they wear the normal white and gold. 

Comments

• some bishops do wear their 'emma all the time and in liturgy they were a 'shammla' over it. I think I saw Anba Besanti do that and Anba Michael....maybe more out there.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13856.msg161088#msg161088 date=1352687935]
    some bishops do wear their 'emma all the time and in liturgy they were a 'shammla' over it. I think I saw Anba Besanti do that and Anba Michael....maybe more out there.

Yeah well that is common today. I'm talking about something like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NQ4umhb96Zo/UJMo3psVlzI/AAAAAAAAD3w/qb75gJ9tIUE/s320/1971-choosing-the-pope.jpg

Instead of the white imma and kolonsowa, they just wore the black imma and normal festive bornos and vestements below. It is more clear during Pope Shenouda's enthronement video