Feast of the Cross - end on the 29th or 30th?

Is the Sunday of the 30th going to be Feast of the Cross as well? Or does the Feast end on the 29th?

God Bless

Comments

• "It is important to note that the feast on 17 Thoout is three days long, while the second feast of 10 Paramhotep is celebrated on that day only. Furthermore, if any of these feasts were to come on a Sunday, the readings for the feast are read instead of those assigned for that day, as the Feast of the Cross is treated as one of the major feasts of the Lord."

Source : http://www.copticheritage.org/rites/2_feasts_of_the_cross
  • so it's not going to be Feast of the Cross?
  • Dude, read the article.
  • I did, I read it a long time ago, I just need a straight answer. Because the Feast of the Cross comes on a Thursday this year, and thus should end on Saturday, but my Coptic App says that Sunday is also Feast of the Cross, so I'm a little confused. Any clarification of why it says that would be appreciated.
  • I didn't read the doc......BUT:
    The feast of the Cross is 3 days, tout 17-19. only if Tout 17 falls to be sunday, does it break the rite of sunday. otherwise, the feast doesn't change the sunday rite......if tout 18 or 19 falls on sunday, they don't change sunday rite.....

This year. the feast is Thursday, Friday and Saturday.....that's it. It doesn't effect sunday.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13712.msg160032#msg160032 date=1348108445]
    I didn't read the doc......BUT:
    The feast of the Cross is 3 days, tout 17-19. only if Tout 17 falls to be sunday, does it break the rite of sunday. otherwise, the feast doesn't change the sunday rite......if tout 18 or 19 falls on sunday, they don't change sunday rite.....

This year. the feast is Thursday, Friday and Saturday.....that's it. It doesn't effect sunday.

That is not what the article say though:

"It is important to note that the feast on 17 Thoout is three days long, while the second feast of 10 Paramhotep is celebrated on that day only. Furthermore, if any of these feasts were to come on a Sunday, the readings for the feast are read instead of those assigned for that day, as the Feast of the Cross is treated as one of the major feasts of the Lord."

Suppose the third day of the feast fell on Sunday, according to the article, the reading of the feast will be read instead of the regular Sunday rite. Anyways, we do not have to worry about that this year...
  • If youre talking about the SUS app, it is off by one day...that's why it says Sunday is the feast of the cross.
  • No it's the iCoptic App, it says the feast is celebrated from Thursday to Sunday this year. But thanks guys.
  • If you are using the iCoptic Calendar app, it would say the feast starts Saturday Sep. 29 (Thout 19). This is incorrect. However, if you are using the complete iCoptic app (which is $10), it would say that the feasts starts on Thursday on Thout 17, which is correct; meaning that the feast starts Thursday and ends Saturday. The strange thing is that both apps are saying two different things...go figure!
  • I have the complete app (I got it free somehow), and it says it starts on Thursday, and when I view Friday and Saturday, it says Feast of the Cross and (Palm Sunday tune) in brackets. But when I go to view Sunday it also says it is Feast of the Cross and says (Palm Sunday tune), according to it Monday, October 1st is when we first use Annual Tune.
  • that's technology for you...
    go learn arabic and get one of those cheap little flip up books with all the church readings in them that come from maktaba al haya
    ;)
  • I just noticed while using the App that if you try to jump to the date using the Calendar tab on the right of the screen, then the problem occurs.
    BUT...if you update the app using the reload symbol on the bottom left of the home screen.  Then use the arrows on the top of the screen next to the date and go to tout 17, 18, 19, then 20.  It does it correctly.  On the 20th, it says annual tune.

Weird!!!
  • alright, thanks again guys.