CopticHymns.net down

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Any idea what CopticHymns.net is down? It says their account has been suspended. (I, of course, use tasbeha.org! :) but they used to have great articles).

Comments

• [quote author=Marys link=topic=13616.msg158750#msg158750 date=1344630371]
    Any idea what CopticHymns.net is down? It says their account has been suspended. (I, of course, use tasbeha.org! :) but they used to have great articles).
    See here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,46212.msg787524.html#msg787524
  • [quote author=Severian link=topic=13616.msg158753#msg158753 date=1344631983]
    [quote author=Marys link=topic=13616.msg158750#msg158750 date=1344630371]
    See here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,46212.msg787524.html#msg787524

Thanks so much there was something I wanted to download but it was down. Now i know where to find it
  • [quote author=Severian link=topic=13616.msg158753#msg158753 date=1344631983]
    [quote author=Marys link=topic=13616.msg158750#msg158750 date=1344630371]
    See here:

Dear Severian,

I do not know what is your denomination is, but from what you wrote on this forum you are taking the side of the Eastern Church over the Coptic Orthodox Church. I respect your personal view but to recommend a foreign forum that belongs to a Church that is against the Orthodox Coptic Church in her teaching is really highly unacceptable. This is a Coptic forum and you should not drags young posters to foreign dogma.
  • ^OC.Net is for both OO and EO Christians. If you actually bothered to read the link I gave you would see that I linked to a post by a Coptic user (who also posts here) where he explains that all of the info on Coptichymns.net will be made available on the website of LaCopts.org.

I am first and foremost an (Oriental) Orthodox Christian and I am Coptic second. Anyone who looks at my username, avatar, and signature can tell that I am Coptic OO. And my loyalty is not to Copticism, it is to Christ and His Holy Church, established by the Apostles, preserved by the Martyrs, and defended by Sts. Athanasius, Cyril, Dioscorus, and Severus. Your charges are really unfounded. Forgive me if this post is uncharitable, but I must be stern in rebutting the accusation you made against me.
  • [quote author=sherene_maria link=topic=13616.msg158783#msg158783 date=1344809054]
    Dear Severian,

I do not know what is your denomination is, but from what you wrote on this forum you are taking the side of the Eastern Church over the Coptic Orthodox Church. I respect your personal view but to recommend a foreign forum that belongs to a Church that is against the Orthodox Coptic Church in her teaching is really highly unacceptable. This is a Coptic forum and you should not drags young posters to foreign dogma.

**Massive Facepalm**

^OC.Net is for both OO and EO Christians. If you actually bothered to read the link I gave you would see that I linked to a post by a Coptic user (who also posts here) where he explains that all of the info on Coptichymns.net will be made available on the website of LaCopts.org. I am first and foremost an (Oriental) Orthodox Christian and I am Coptic second. Anyone who looks at my username, avatar, and signature can tell that I am Coptic OO. And my loyalty is not to Copticism, it is to Christ and His Holy Church, established by the Apostles, preserved by the Martyrs and defended by Sts. Athanasius, Cyril, Dioscorus, and Severus. Your charges are really unfounded. Forgive me if this post is uncharitable, but I must be stern in rebutting the accusation you made against me.

**Faith in humanity Restored**

ReturnOrthodoxy

• ^Thank you, brother.
  • [Moderated: This post contained ad hominem attacks]
  • [quote author=Severian link=topic=13616.msg158784#msg158784 date=1344809886]
    I am first and foremost an (Oriental) Orthodox Christian and I am Coptic second. Anyone who looks at my username, avatar, and signature can tell that I am Coptic OO. And my loyalty is not to Copticism, it is to Christ and His Holy Church, established by the Apostles, preserved by the Martyrs, and defended by Sts. Athanasius, Cyril, Dioscorus, and Severus. Your charges are really unfounded. Forgive me if this post is uncharitable, but I must be stern in rebutting the accusation you made against me.

I don't think you were stern enough. Next time, don't be such a nice guy.

I don't want to hijack this forum. Maybe on another forum we can define Copticism. I don't know if I agree with your dichotomy.
  • Do You know when the transfer will be finished
  • i doubt they'll just move everything. I think they'll migrate content INTO the lacopts site
  • Does anyone know where their hymns went.  The hymns hey had on the site.
  • They definitely have not moved everything to lacopts.org. Hardly anything, it seems. But you can access much of the hymns by going to archive.org. If you need help, let me know.
  • Fr. Moses Samaan was webmaster of Coptichymns. He now manages lacopts. If you can, try to see if you can get in touch with him to get updated on the status of moving the hymns. I would say though, he is a priest and so he probably has very little time. Coptichymns was a huge site, so I would have empathy for the load of information he will need to transfer into lacopts
  • I can message him on facebook. Or I might just ask someone I know from his church to talk to him personally.