Anybody here?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone here is from the UK. Do you happen to know about any activities going on within the church (for university students)? I am unfortunately a bit isolated here and haven't been involved in anything for ages and don't know many people my age.

Regards

Comments

• The UK is a bit big so folk will need to know where you are.
  • Hey mnc_hnn,

This summer there are a number of events I'm aware of. There are probably more, I'll add them as I become aware:

1) St. Anthony's church in Rotherham under the auspices of H.G. Bishop Anthony is running a conference from the 13th to the 15th of July, at The Hayes Conference Centre in Swanwick, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 1AU. The theme is “Set your minds on things above, not on things on the earth” (Colossians 3:2)." Here is a facebook link to the event, all the information and contact numbers are on there.

2) The Coptic Youth Mission under the auspices of H.G. Bishop Angelos at Stevenage have the 3rd event of their 2012 Torch Relay at St. Mark's in Kensington, London on the 22nd June. Each parish has been organising a huge event to celebrate, in memory of His Holiness Pope Shenouda, who has 'Run the Race' and 'Fought the Good Fight'. Events and activities will be plentiful on the day. They have the 4th event at St. Mary and the Archangel Michael in Golders Green, London on the 13th of July, and the final event on the 4th August at Stevenage. Here is the facebook link.

3) The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Midlands and Affiliated Areas under the auspices of H.G. Bishop Misael are hosting "The 2012 Coptic Olympics," a sporting event in which teams from various churches around the UK will compete. The event will take place at the Coptic Centre in Birmingham on the weekend of Friday 6th to Sunday 8th of July. Details found here.

4) The Coptic Youth Mission under the auspices of H.G. Bishop Angelos at Stevenage are also holding a summer youth conference from the 17th-19th of August, entitled "Revive" for 14-21 year olds. You can book here.

5) There is also the European Youth Conference, which is being held in Sweden this year. You can book here.

• cool thanks JG.

p.s. I am from the south.
  • Hello,guys and girls .I'm new here.