BBC documentary on Coptic ascetic life watch it!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues

This documentary is amazing! Must watch  :)

tell me what you all think.

Comments

• interesting, thanks for sharing
  • Thanks for sharing :D

• Father Laserus is so close to God and wise. I wish my life was as quiet. God bless him.
  • I love how a random protestant guy gets to go in a cave and live like the hermits and our desert fathers for more then 20 days because he has cameras if only we as normal Coptic people can have an experience like that.
    and your all welcome.
  • That dude is sooooo weird!  :o
    And he calls himself a priest?!
  • [quote author=Biboboy link=topic=13458.msg157310#msg157310 date=1341285727]
    That dude is sooooo weird!  :o
    And he calls himself a priest?!

oops! ...we don't know him, we can't/shouldn't judge
  • [quote author=markmarcos link=topic=13458.msg157308#msg157308 date=1341274995]
    I love how a random protestant guy gets to go in a cave and live like the hermits and our desert fathers for more then 20 days because he has cameras if only we as normal Coptic people can have an experience like that.
    and your all welcome.

Well, I think it is a good thing because he saved me the trouble of experiencing the harsh reality of the desert.

Let's just be thankful we were born in families that knew God and the right way. I can only imagine how confusing religion must be for others who are still searching for God.

•   He may of being protestant Mark, but he explained a genuine desire to understand the life of a monk by experiancing the life and talking to Father Lazerus. I liked his keria-lysons, they sounded very protestant. I thought it was great and I never would of knowen about Father Lazerus if it wasn't for this man. God bless him and Father Lazerus.
  • Such an awesome documentary! I have never seen the area in which father Lazarus lives like I just have. If you guys want to know more on father Lazarus search 'father Lazarus CYC a monks life' on YouTube.
    And the first monk he talks to is father zosima which currently serving in Australia and recently hurting his leg :( please pray for him!