The Eucarist

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey guys so I have exams starting on Monday
And since i go to a Coptic orthodox school I have a religion exam  I need your help

I need verses from the old testament about Holy Communion

Does anyone have any?
Thanks guys :)

Comments

• You need to study.
  • I'm not sure if this is an indirect Eucharistic reference, but consider Ezekiel Chapter 3:  "Moreover He said to me, 'Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.' So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll. And He said to me, 'Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.' So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness. Then He said to me: 'Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.'"

So it seems that Ezekiel literally ate the Word of God, and in the Eucharist we partake of the incarnate Word of God.
  • [quote author=George_Mina link=topic=13404.msg156787#msg156787 date=1339830429]
    I'm not sure if this is an indirect Eucharistic reference, but consider Ezekiel Chapter 3:  "Moreover He said to me, 'Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.' So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll. And He said to me, 'Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.' So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness. Then He said to me: 'Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.'"

So it seems that Ezekiel literally ate the Word of God, and in the Eucharist we partake of the incarnate Word of God.

Thank you so much

[quote author=Andrew link=topic=13404.msg156788#msg156788 date=1339831922]

Thank you so much
    Please pray for me guys

Isaiah 6
  • Wow, do you have a Coptic school?! That's amazing! Where do u live? I wish there were Coptic schools (universities) in the Netherlands as well :( .
  • Read Theophilus of Alexandria.
  • Exodus 12 is about the passover Lamb. How the angel of death would pass over any house with the blood of the Lamb on it. This is a direct relation to the eucharist because Christ said that unless you eat of His body and drink of His blood, you have no life in you.
  • [quote author=+Marmar+ link=topic=13404.msg156799#msg156799 date=1339844418]
    Wow, do you have a Coptic school?! That's amazing! Where do u live? I wish there were Coptic schools (universities) in the Netherlands as well :( .

Yea we have several Coptic schools in Australia. My school is amazing we get to learn Coptic and religion. Hopefully in the future there will be a Church in Netherlands.

And thanks ForeverYours

I was looking for a psalm it talked about like his cup or something like that
  • Are you at St. Mark's by any chance Marina? Just curious.
  • [quote author=marinacopt link=topic=13404.msg156845#msg156845 date=1339895875]
    [quote author=+Marmar+ link=topic=13404.msg156799#msg156799 date=1339844418]
    Wow, do you have a Coptic school?! That's amazing! Where do u live? I wish there were Coptic schools (universities) in the Netherlands as well :( .

Yea we have several Coptic schools in Australia. My school is amazing we get to learn Coptic and religion. Hopefully in the future there will be a Church in Netherlands.

And thanks ForeverYours

I was looking for a psalm it talked about like his cup or something like that

It is such a great blessing to be in a school like that. I hope you know how lucky you are! Thank God for bishops like Anba Suriel. 
  • [quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=13404.msg156884#msg156884 date=1340000430]
    Are you at St. Mark's by any chance Marina? Just curious.

Naa I live in melb so I go saint Mary's
  • Genesis 14:18
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=gbe link=topic=13404.msg157543#msg157543 date=1341983945]
    [quote author=Proud to be part of Him link=topic=13404.msg156845#msg156845 date=1339895875]
    [quote author=+Marmar+ link=topic=13404.msg156799#msg156799 date=1339844418]

LOL im in australia aswell 

which school u goto wat city

Vic St Marys