Sheraat

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi, how much tunes are there for the sheraat. Also, when is it said, and are there different tunes for Adam and watos, and what is said after it?

Comments

• the sherat is the Saturday lobsh ONLY and not the other days' lobshs. therefore it is always watos. since it is watos, it changes with the occasion.....so you have: Annual, Festive, kiahky, lenten (weekdays and weekends), sha'anini....each has a long way, a mohayyar way (not fast and not slow), a short way. except for the kiahk sherat, it is special.
  • If the great lent tune is weekdays and weekends, and the sheraat is said only on Saturday, how would that work out?
  • [quote author=Tony Bishay link=topic=13314.msg155641#msg155641 date=1337214831]
    If the great lent tune is weekdays and weekends, and the sheraat is said only on Saturday, how would that work out?

It wouldn't....the sherat is specifically the lobsh of the saturday theotokia. it is only said on saturday. in other watos days, the lobsh is different, depending on the day, but than the tune is the same.
  • Where would I find a recording of all the tunes in those three tunes?
  • There are 18 different tunes for the sherat. Annual, Festal, and Palm Sunday have 3 tunes. Kiahk has 5 and Great Lent has 4
  • that's is too much to consider to be separate ways of saying the hymn. I believe it is good enough separating them in the ways i posted above. that is also the way it is written in books.
  • Minagir,

It would be nice if you put it in a columnar form so that it is easier to follow your listing.
  • Don't the follow the doxology tune of that day?