isn't the 40th day over?

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
Dear all,
I believe the 40th commemoration day for pope Shenouda has gone by already, or hasn't it? IF that's the case I believe it's about time we changed the layout of the website focussing on the resurrection of God..
Oujai

Comments

• i think it's today.
    so there are still a few mins left in uk and a few hours in west coast usa.
    but several churches are doing it late, eg. one church i know in uk is doing it sat 5th may.
    i was going to keep my pope shenouda 'wallpaper' (computer picture) for only 40 days, but i may keep it a bit longer.
    seems like it needs more than 40 days for me. it's such a bit event.

so we shall see what everyone else thinks...
  • Very strange I don't see ex-pope's icon when I log in on the computer, but I do when I do from the mobile..!
    Oujai
  • Hmm, might be a cache issue. Have you cleared your browser's cache?
  • That's a great idea.. thanks servant33
    Oujai
  • WEll I cleared the cache, I deleted the cookies and the problem is still the same.. any other ideas?
    OUjai
  • Weird. I'm not sure. For me, the Pope's icon is still on the subpages of the site, but not on the home page.

• I don't see why it matters if Pope Shenouda's picture is there or not. I like it like this.
  • That's the same case here servant33. I thought the whole point was to put the icon there for a short period of time and then take it off, but now we don't have any moderators' explanations
    Oujai
  • I don't have any input on the site design and I am very rarely in contact with the site owner.
  • Thanks Fr. Peter for your reply, maybe Maged can solve this..
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13227.msg155067#msg155067 date=1335769432]
    That's the same case here servant33. I thought the whole point was to put the icon there for a short period of time and then take it off, but now we don't have any moderators' explanations
    Oujai

What's the issue? Why do u care if his picture is still there?
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    Geomike, I already answered your question in the first post of this thread.. I guess there's no point now, is there?
    Oujai
  • Ophadece i get your point, but honestly i like it this way, and i am a little offended that you are requesting for it to be removed.
  • <c anecty
    Dear geomike,
    I am not sure why you feel a little offended, but I am truly sorry if I offended you, however little. I guess you just are taking it personal, and I am again sorry. I am glad you got my point though. I don't feel it is appropriate to see a picture of the ex-pope crying, when we know he must be in paradise, and also to be on every subpage on this website (more than the icon of Christ). There is something wrong with that... hope that is not offending you again...
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13227.msg155192#msg155192 date=1335975201]
    <c anecty
    Dear geomike,
    I am not sure why you feel a little offended, but I am truly sorry if I offended you, however little. I guess you just are taking it personal, and I am again sorry. I am glad you got my point though. I don't feel it is appropriate to see a picture of the ex-pope crying, when we know he must be in paradise, and also to be on every subpage on this website (more than the icon of Christ). There is something wrong with that... hope that is not offending you again...
    Oujai qen `P[C

Oh, it looked like he was crying to you? To me it looked like he is grinning. I think I just misunderstood. Sorry ophadece.
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    No need to say sorry geomike.. you seem not to have this problem anymore, so you can't remember how the picture looks like.. I still have the problem and would like someone to help me get rid of it
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13227.msg155216#msg155216 date=1336027603]
    Ekhrestos anesty
    No need to say sorry geomike.. you seem not to have this problem anymore, so you can't remember how the picture looks like.. I still have the problem and would like someone to help me get rid of it
    Oujai

Hmm well the fastest way would probably be to just adblock the image.
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    Dear servant33.. I'm not that technical, but would you please teach me how to do that?
    Oujai
  • What browser are you using? You can install an add-on called adblock, which will allow you to right click on an image and select an option to stop it from showing.
  • <c anecty
    For all mobile phone gurus here... what is the browser used by "HTC Desire" phone? I don't know and I don't know how to make it block that icon. It still keeps showing all the time. No exceptions.. any help
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • Ekhrestos anesty,
    I noticed the problem persists even on the iPad which makes me think it's associated with mobile consoles! Not sure though... Any ideas how this can end?
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13227.msg155410#msg155410 date=1336643948]
    <c anecty
    For all mobile phone gurus here... what is the browser used by "HTC Desire" phone? I don't know and I don't know how to make it block that icon. It still keeps showing all the time. No exceptions.. any help
    Oujai qen `P[C

I believe HTC phones use Opera as their main web browser.