update on the prest's wife situation

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi
Does anyone know what is the exact story of tasoni ( the presit's wife from Damanhor) and what is the last news?

Also does anyone know who is Ahmad EL faham? and what is his story?

If u know anything please let us know

thanks

Comments

• :(

There's a good website called copt.com that has news on the persecution in Eygpt.I dont like to go there too often because it make me so upset!Something has to be done to put an end to this wretched persecution of the coptic christians.It's unbelievable!

There was an article about a priests wife being kidnapped and forced to convert to Islam but her name was Waffa Constantine.Isnt this a different woman than the one previously mentioned?

Here is the website address:http://www.copts.net/index.asp
  • no, wafaa constantine was the same women, but i heard that there was another kidnapping as well, but im not sure, i think its a rumor. she is at st bishoy monastery last i heard. there are protests going on in egypt now, and for the first time the copts are standing up for themselves. i went to copts.com and it has some information as well. there is also www.amcoptic.com which actually has a video of the protest. and thats all i know
  • According to the article at copt.com, didnt it say that Waafa had converted willingly?Whats up with that?Whats the true story?
  • their not exactly sure what happend. were not even sure if she converted, but if she did im sure it was by force. thank God she is back safely.
  • Now some of the news media is claiming that Wafaa was not released but rather coptic church officials released this information to calm the coptic protesters in hope of avoiding further violent confrontation. I hope this isnt true and that this dear lady has been released.Does anybody know for sure what the true situation is?
  • hay
    i heard that she was lyk having a hard tym with her hsband (abouna)as he got his leg cut off due to diabetes and one day she went missing and they found that she was kidnapped by the moslems (so they say how do they no she didnt go there bny her own will?!) anyway they told her to convert and she denied and they threatened her by saying that they will throw acid on her daughters face (she is in uni) and then a couple of days ago she was returned back to the monastery but the copts r still going and going but ithink that it is sooooooo slak wat they r doing to our brothers nd sisters in egypt (copts) and also number of things like shops and cars and houses i think a church was smashed and the propert y of people is being burnt and stuff and no-one is stepping in and it is very tradgic and the stupid thing is, here in Sydney everywhere u go there are moslems everywhere. everywhere u look there is gotta b 1 sumwhere and the government isnt doin anything about it and wat is stupid i 4 got which area but i think in the city and sum other places the stupid mayor thingo of the town goes no we are not allowed to put christmas decorations AT ALL as they get offended wat the hek!!! they do blieve in the birth but come on that shows how stupid the government is and also the moslems are slowly taking over us

May God b with us and protect us
    GBU all
    FROG
  • Hey guys,
    well the last I heard about this story was that they do not know wether she was forced or not but they do know this:
    • She DID convert to islam
    • She was not assasinated or did not come back Pregnant
    • She was going through the worst time of her life because her husband's lug was cut-off, she moved from where she used to live, she would take unpayed vacations to help her husband, her daughter's wedding was pretty soon though.
    I'll post any new information...

God Bless.

Mike
  • HI guys

First i would like to thank you all for all of ur replays.

i went to www.amcoptic.com and i heard the first two tape of the press conferance that was held.

Here is what our abonas said

+First she disappered From ABO EL matamer on Monday Dec 3. her familly and abona thought that she went to visite her relative. As she did not come back or called the church reported a missing person to the police on Wed.
    At the night of the same WED all the coptic in Abo El matamer gathered infront of the church and they were very worried about tasoni. when el mohafeth heard that he called abona and asked about what was happing there. abona told him what happened and the people though that it is her boss at work may have kidnapped her. Elmoohafeth called a very responlsable person in aman el dawla who called abona a promiss he will pring him tason the folowing morning
    Abona went there the folowing morning to take tasoni but this man told him that she converted to islam and asked if he wanted to talk to her.Abona refuse and said that he will leave the subject to el baba to decid.when people heard that they started to protest
    Abona said what was really happened is she was having a hard time with her husband. During that time her boss ( a moslem guy that has a lot of activity in trying to convert a lot of coptic girls) at work was trying to get closser to her. HE started to give her some books about the islam. She loved him. she ran away from home. he toke her to stay with a moslem familly and left. the man in this famiily took her the next day to the police to convert.
    Saydna el papa talked to mobarak and after negotiation they decided that Saydna will take tasoni and place her in bet el khademat for sometime (few days or months i do not know) where the abonas can talk to her freely with out any pressure. the after that it is up to her what she decid to do.

God be with her and pull her back to his arms.
  • heard that she was lyk having a hard tym with her hsband (abouna)as he got his leg cut off due to diabetes

She was going through the worst time of her life because her husband's lug was cut-off

Green]Abona said what was really happened is she was having a hard time with her husband

During that time her boss ( a moslem guy that has a lot of activity in trying to convert a lot of coptic girls) at work was trying to get closser to her. HE started to give her some books about the islam. She loved him. she ran away from home.

Even if her husband had his leg cut off that is certainly no excuse to break your marriage vows and run off with another man.Worse yet is that she would be willing to deny her faith in the Lord Jesus Christ because of physical hardship or for the passing pleasures of carnal passion.What has happened to being faithful unto death?Loyal to your Lord,your spouse,family,and church.
    God help us all.

I hope that the stories about this woman are not true.I hope she was, and remains, faithful to her God and to her husband.If the stories are true I hope her husband{current or future}doesnt abandon her if she ever suffers from illness or some physical handicap. As for God,He always remains faithful,though the Bible does say, "if we deny Him He also will deny us".
  • Jfranklin, thanks for your sentiments and prayers. Both are needed. ý
    RY123 didn't get the whole thing right.ý

She disappeared on November 27th. They said that she converted. When the Bishop of ýthe diocese wanted to talk to her, they told him, you can come visit, he refused, he ýwanted her to come to the church first. When people started protesting in Cairo specially ýat the papal residence, The pope asked government officials to step in and help find this ýwoman. After a few broken promises, on Wednesday, Dec 8th, H.H. Pope Shenouda ýtraveled to the Monastery of St. Pishoi canceling his weekly lecture in protest of the ýdisappearance. That same day, later after he left his residence, she was released and ýarrived at the diocese building. When the church received her, she was under HEAVY ýmedication (suggesting drugs) For over three days she was in a state of incoherence with ýthe world. when asked whether she converted or not, she responded by shaking her head ýnegatively. ý
    She is in a Hospital being treated from drug abuse and overdose (one would assume she ýdidn't take drugs by her own will). H.H. Pope Shenouda is still in the monastery. The ýbishops had a news conference, you can download the audio files at ý
    ýhttp://www.copticpope.orgý
    That is what I have been able to gather so far.ý
  • That is what I have been able to gather so far.ý

Thanks for the update! I really appreciate it. :)
  • if your spouse is sick or something that gives you MORE of a reason to stay with them and help them and love them.
  • if your spouse is sick or something that gives you MORE of a reason to stay with them and help them and love them.

Amen! :)
  • Wow! Thank you Coptic boy... I hope we all learn something from this, not just talk about it. The only reason God allowed that to happen is that we may learn... not just talk about it.
  • our brothers and sisters are persecuted mercilessly.... this is really not good at all...

if you're not too disturbed by the sight of blood, go here:

http://www.copts.net/detail.asp?id=603

this is what is happeneing to our brothers & sisters :(

have faith and know that when captured i can guaruntee you that 99.9999% of them will not convert willingly.... its due to drugs/ family threats that it might happen... im sure all the facts about tasoni are messed up and we dont know what's happening. i mean, she's tasoni, im sure she wouldnt abandon her husband and convert...

just pray for them, God will do justice....
  • Please refer to the news conference held by several of our church bishops two days ago. The news conference contains all the facts from the mouths of our church as opposed to the various rumors that have been ciculated both by the state-run press in Egypt and people.

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Sermons/Bishops/Coptic_Protest_News_Conference_20041212.html

Note: Audio files available from CopticPope.org, noise reduction done by Tasbeha.org.
  • Thank you mikes
  • :)

Please refer to the news conference held by several of our church bishops two days ago

Can someone translate for me.I dont understand....lol...Since I dont understand the language maybe someone can give me the highlights or the general gist of whats going on :D
  • I understand arabic... but the sound was not clear... so that would help me also.