Miracles by Pope Shenouda...

2»

Comments

• Hey marinacopt,

Don't worry-- I don't think anyone is offended :)

I'm not sure that all the books about Pope Kyrillos necessarily make the activity right, though.  We all acknowledge that Pope Kyrillos was a saintly man, and in due course, I have no doubts that he will be canonized.

BUT, we need to be very careful that we don't chase miracles.  If we don't have the proper discernment (which is a really hard virtue for us to obtain), we can be tricked by the devil.  The stories that I referenced earlier show us the dangers.  Oftentimes, we go overboard.  All we want to hear about are miracle stories.  I've seen real-life examples where a false miracle literally broke up a church community!

This same demonic miracle that many bishops rejected as false is printed in books, and has been distributed in bookstores in churches around the world. 

The problem is that people don't have the discernment that they need to separate the real and the fake.  So, as others have mentioned, it's better to be safe than sorry :)

• Gr thanks for being polite and explaining it to me in simple terms, I properbly am wrong I'm mean I'm still young and still learning and I dont think where I live a miriacle has broken up our Church. I see your point, but like I see what you mean by overboard but I don't use miriacles as the base of my religion. Thanks for your help and simplisitly.
    Sorry everyone :)
  • first, ioannes, i am still praying for u.
    may God have mercy and give u patience to endure these difficult trials.

about baba kyrillos, is he not canonised?
    does that mean we should not have his relics and mention him in the commemoration of the saints?
  • What do you all think about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_IeG-KIKxw

This is a woman who told she died and saw Pope Shenouda appearing to her and she lived again.
    The man who is talking in the video, is abouna Luca (el anba Bishoy?)
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13062.msg154409#msg154409 date=1333894107]
    first, ioannes, i am still praying for u.
    may God have mercy and give u patience to endure these difficult trials.

about baba kyrillos, is he not canonised?
    does that mean we should not have his relics and mention him in the commemoration of the saints?

We have his relics because he is a patriarch, but should not mention him in the commemoration of the saints.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

He is not canonised as one may only be canonised 50 years after his departure