Catholic church and homosexuality

Undoubtably some of you have heard of the controverse triggered by HH Pope Benedict XVI 's speach where he said we have to save mankind from self-destruction...

The reporter who brought this issue spoke about the catholic church slightly adjusting the way it names things...

The Catholic church differentiates between two things:

The official view is: Homosexual ACTS are sinful, but NOT homosexuality in itself...

I was wondering does our church make a similar differentiation between the actual act of homosexuality and the fact that someone has homosexual tendencies but doesn't act upon it.. or does our Holy Coptic Orthodox Church view them both as equally sinful? (I know our church's view on homosexuality as also expressed clearly in the Bible, but I'm wondering whether they do as the catholics and make a difference between the act and the being..)

Thanks in advance
God bless you
Please pray for my weakness

Comments

• [quote author=Truthsetsfree link=topic=7483.msg98729#msg98729 date=1230046864]
    Undoubtably some of you have heard of the controverse triggered by HH Pope Benedict XVI 's speach where he said we have to save mankind from self-destruction...

The reporter who brought this issue spoke about the catholic church slightly adjusting the way it names things...

The Catholic church differentiates between two things:

The official view is: Homosexual ACTS are sinful, but NOT homosexuality in itself...

I was wondering does our church make a similar differentiation between the actual act of homosexuality and the fact that someone has homosexual tendencies but doesn't act upon it.. or does our Holy Coptic Orthodox Church view them both as equally sinful? (I know our church's view on homosexuality as also expressed clearly in the Bible, but I'm wondering whether they do as the catholics and make a difference between the act and the being..)

Thanks in advance
    God bless you
    Please pray for my weakness

When your friend annoys you and you get the urge to beat him up/or kill him, and you dont.. does that make you a sinner?

When you are hungry and you get the urge to steal because you have no money insted of wait to go home and you don't steal does that make you a sinner?

If you have Homosexual feelings but you dont act on them but fight them... you are struggling and you are 100% christian. Just like Mary Magdalene I bet she probably had temptation to go back to sinful life but she resisted that call and followed Christ..  Now acting on those feelings of adultery or homosexuality is something else.