full order of this Friday

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Dear all,
Just to get it clear in my head: may someone shed a light on the full order of the rites this Friday? Much appreciated..
Oujai

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13125.msg154195#msg154195 date=1333555026]
    Dear all,
    Just to get it clear in my head: may someone shed a light on the full order of the rites this Friday? Much appreciated..
    Oujai

It's a mix between the weekday and the weekend rite. I don't remember exactly how it was but i believe the Weekend schedule is set as the main rite and than some of the weekday schedule stuff are said.
  • Thanks Mina. I am looking for full details actually...
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • "As for the rite of the first Monday in the Great Lent, and the last Friday of the Forty Days, it is a combination between the rite of the weekdays and the rite of Saturdays and Sundays of the Great Lent. During the Prime Raising of Incense, the prayer is conducted in the same manner as in the Saturdays and Sundays of the Lent. However, the prophecies and the litanies are also read as is the weekdays.

Following the service of Raising of Incense of the last Friday of the Holy Forty Days, the Sacrament of Anointing the Sick with all its seven prayers is prayed in the second chorus of the church. The priest then anoints the entire congregation with the oil. Following this, the Liturgy of the Word commences, beginning with the Agpeya prayers of the Third Hour and upto the Compline Hour (or the Prayer of the Veil in monasteries), then the chanting of the hymn Alleluia Je ef mevi. After the Prayer of Thanksgiving, the hymn Sotis followed by the hymn Nefcenti are chanted. The priest then reads the introduction to Klinwmen ta gonata, which is followed by the congregations response of Kirieleyson. After this, the priest reads the Absolution as he prostrates before the sanctuary three times. The liturgy continues in the same manner as on Saturdays and Sundays, except that the hymn Megalou is chanted on the last Friday after the Synexarium, followed by Apenchoice in the Mohayar tune."

Source: Coptic Heritage
  • Raising of incense: Kyrialayson or verses of cymbals?
    After nefsendi, dishoria or ento da?
    Oujai
  • The last Friday is prayed like week days up until klinoman then the rite switches to that of Saturdays and Sundays
  • Thanks imikhail.. that makes sense now
    Oujai