Vatican on Pope Shenouda's death

Comments

• The link is dead. It doesn't lead anywhere.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=13042.msg153218#msg153218 date=1332024303]
    The link is dead. It doesn't lead anywhere.

just go to http://www.news.va/en and there you will find the message.
  • It is POPE SHENOUDA. Not 'Shenouda'. Someone please change this immediatly. This is immensely disrespectful.
  • It is a catholic site. They do not consider Pope Shenouda a Pope, for the Catholics have only one Pope. They would not have so much problem with the title bishop or priest.

It is their site and their rules.
  • They ought to have used the term "Patriarch". The Catholic Church still acknowledges that the 1st Disciples and Apostles became bishops and each bishop had their bishopric. These bishops were the 1st patriarchs of the ONE Church.

ps

Tasbeha.org, the picture you chose for the banner - is really touching. What occasion was it?
    Why was His Holiness crying there?
  • If I am good at my guess, I believe it was His Holiness' visit to the Archangel Michael & St. Mina in Staten Island, NY--USA.
  • From what I understand, the coffin for Pope Shenouda was sent as a condolence gesture from the See of Rome by order of Pope Benedict XVI.
  • The link does show Pope Shenouda III.
  • [quote author=Stavro link=topic=13042.msg153386#msg153386 date=1332281225]
    It is a catholic site. They do not consider Pope Shenouda a Pope, for the Catholics have only one Pope. They would not have so much problem with the title bishop or priest.

What are you talking about? Pope John Paul II, may God rest his soul, visited Pope Shenouda III in Egypt. They highly revere the coptic church as we respect them.
  • [quote author=Stavro link=topic=13042.msg153386#msg153386 date=1332281225]
    It is a catholic site. They do not consider Pope Shenouda a Pope, for the Catholics have only one Pope. They would not have so much problem with the title bishop or priest.

Did you even read the message of condolence before you judged the Catholics?

Pope Benedict XVI did call Pope Shenouda BOTH a Patriarch and Pope in the message.
  • Thanks for changing the name  ;)
    Greatly appriciate it.
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=13042.msg153387#msg153387 date=1332281626]
    Tasbeha.org, the picture you chose for the banner - is really touching. What occasion was it?
    Why was His Holiness crying there?

He was actually laughing in this picture. It was taken during the consecration of St. Antonius & St. Mina in Rutherford, NJ.