God is so Good

edited December 1969 in Introductions
God bless, i'm very grateful to be able to be a part of the online community here. I've been reading and studying a lot about Catholic and Orthodox Churches and early Church history for the past year, and i'm pretty interested in getting involved we the Coptic Orthodox Church. I have been a protestant Christian my whole life without even realizing it up until last year. I'm very excited about getting a chance to congregate with an great Apostolic Church established for 2000 years. Happy to be here on Tasbeha (not sure what the title means, sorry) Thanks! God bless 

Comments

• Welcome, it's nice to have you hear. You will learn a lot.
  • Welcome Dustoftheearth to the forum and God bless you.

Tasbeha means Praise. =)
  • [quote author=dustofthearth link=topic=12981.msg152666#msg152666 date=1330571942]
    God bless, i'm very grateful to be able to be a part of the online community here. I've been reading and studying a lot about Catholic and Orthodox Churches and early Church history for the past year, and i'm pretty interested in getting involved we the Coptic Orthodox Church. I have been a protestant Christian my whole life without even realizing it up until last year. I'm very excited about getting a chance to congregate with an great Apostolic Church established for 2000 years. Happy to be here on Tasbeha (not sure what the title means, sorry) Thanks! God bless

Welcome Welcome. Being an Ex-Protestant myself, I must say I know exactly what you are going through. Where abouts you from?
  • Welcome!
  • [quote author=dustofthearth link=topic=12981.msg152666#msg152666 date=1330571942]

Welcome, you are not alone here. Most of the active members are former protestants, even our moderater is. About the word "tasbeha", it is an arabic word meaning praise and it is refering to the Coptic midnight praises mainly.
  • And you get a true taste of the Church when you attend these Midnight Praises. I highly recommend it. Everyone says it is a taste of Heaven on earth.

The lyrics have full meaning, taken straight from the Old Testament. The pauses and long vs short ways to sing certain hymns during this beautiful night gives us time to reflect and ponder at the Glory of our God. Always, always, always when I attend the Midnight Praises I think of our great Father, the Archprophet Moses, and what he must have thought before crossing the Red Sea.

Always I reflect upon my own circumstances, my own troubles, my own afflictions. Always I think about God and how he, on a daily basis, tells me to go here or do this, and I am scared and unaware as to what is to happen, yet I say, "Yes, Lord. Here I am." and BOOM! I too, cross the red sea. God sends the horse and its rider in my life into the sea, while I gracefully walk unto dry land.

I'm not comparing myself to a prophet; I am comparing the Glory of God in my life with everyone else's. I'm pretty sure you all can relate when I say this. God carries us from tribulation onto high ground continuously and on a day-to-day basis.

I'm sorry. I feel as though I hijacked this thread; But *something within me* chose to interject.

• Thanks for the Love guys! I truly feel welcome, thanks. My brother Rony! Wow, let's not even classify your great advice as interjection. And if we call it interjection, by all means, please interject! I feel the Spirit of Praise in your words and I have a crystal clear and vivid understanding of Tasbeha thru your experience, although i believe im pronouncing it wrong ??? I'm compelled and motivated to have this experience also.  Thank you all. By the way I'm from NJ but driving the big truck state to state. Hoping to land a local job soon!
  • hi and welcome from another former protestant (i also didn't realise i was one for ages, due to being in a 'non denominational' denomination).
    try looking for the coptic prayer book (agpeya), it's easy to find online, and praying the Lords' prayer, the thanksgiving prayer and the confession (psalm 51) is a good idea every day. that way your personal prayers will have more focus as u think of how great and wonderful God is as u pray.
    :)
    ('mabsoota' means 'happy' in arabic)
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=12981.msg152679#msg152679 date=1330633341]
    hi and welcome from another former protestant (i also didn't realise i was one for ages, due to being in a 'non denominational' denomination).
    try looking for the coptic prayer book (agpeya), it's easy to find online, and praying the Lords' prayer, the thanksgiving prayer and the confession (psalm 51) is a good idea every day. that way your personal prayers will have more focus as u think of how great and wonderful God is as u pray.
    :)
    ('mabsoota' means 'happy' in arabic)

It means happy for a girl :)    Mabsoot  for a guy .