Copts in Canada, Question about the churches!

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Salam w ne3ma everyone, finally i am moving to Canada next August for University and to settle there for good.
I am applying to University of Waterloo, University of Toronto, Simon Fraser University, BC, University of Western Ontario and McMaster, for engineering.
I was wondering if there are Coptic Churches around these universities as I will be living on-campus because my family lives in Calgary; it's really hard to imagine my life without a coptic Church.
Are there Churches nearby because I won't get a car for the first term at least? Are there good Churches where i can take coptic and Alhan classes? not just for Odas and 3asheya.

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Hey man,

There's churches near all the cities you described. Canadian churches are great for learning and the people are really friendly and welcoming.
  • Copts have flooded the Western world like rats, you'll find them everywhere. Wherever there are Copts, there are churches. Universities these big will always have a copt population, because you know lots of Copts opt for the highest eduction.

EDIT: not like rats, Copts bring good, not bad, to the western world. More like... bees.... but bees are becoming more rare...
  • Hey! I may be at SFU next year as well. As a matter of fact depending on which campus you go to, you could be within a 5 min bus ride of two churches.( that's the surrey campus) even from the main campus it shouldnt take any more then 1.5-2 hours transit maybe less. Not sure how long driving as I rely more on transit
  • [quote author=Amdah link=topic=12930.msg152240#msg152240 date=1329707862]
    Hey! I may be at SFU next year as well. As a matter of fact depending on which campus you go to, you could be within a 5 min bus ride of two churches.( that's the surrey campus) even from the main campus it shouldnt take any more then 1.5-2 hours transit maybe less. Not sure how long driving as I rely more on transit

yea, Surrey Campus. I got an offer already but i am waiting for Ontario's. It's really good to know that there are Churches, as mentioned, I can't imagine it without a Church

God Bless
  • Almost all of these have churches. But not sure about Simon Fraser; never heard of it. And im pretty sure there isnt one very colse to Waterloo. But McMaster is flooded with copts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like mad! And theyre all in engeniring, or life sci  :)
  • Hi,
    I am from the GTA...there are many many churches, and many priests....
    this is the website http://cccnet.ca/...our churches are very active....
    I am pretty sure you don't need to worry about not learning alhan and stuff...
    If you find out who abouna Angelos is, and give him a call...m pretty sure hell be able
    to fix any problem you have....don't worry...ull find a church near no matter which you uni
    you go to..GB, and please pray for me,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=Monasticsx link=topic=12930.msg152904#msg152904 date=1331267532]
    Almost all of these have churches. But not sure about Simon Fraser; never heard of it. And im pretty sure there isnt one very colse to Waterloo. But McMaster is flooded with copts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like mad! And theyre all in engeniring, or life sci  :)

The Kitchener church is a 15 min drive from UW. It takes a long time to get there with public transit, but there are always many youth going for various services, so carpooling usually isn't a problem.
  • I know that there are a couple of churches near University of Toronto