Roommate at WashU Missouri

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Need a Roommate:

Washington University.

St. Louis Missouri.

Contact Me.

Comments

• Peace of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ be with you,

I praise you for wanting to room with a fellow Coptic youth. This is a very good thing on your part and will only strengthen you.

However, get to know the person a little first. Not every Coptic is righteous, nor is every righteous person Coptic.

I applaud your efforts. Consider joining a university club. I know in my university there was an Orthodox Fellowship group and I loved it. Albeit it was Greek Orthodox, but its as close as I was going to get to my faith on a Catholic campus.

Consider also the Coptic Orthodox churches in your neighborhood. Find a priest around your university who you feel comfortable with. As long as you have a Father of Confession, you can be anywhere in the world and still feel at home and with God.

College is fun; College is great, but remember the reason why you are in college. Don't let college get in the way of your relationship with God.

Get to know as many people as you can on campus but try to stay away from any bad influences; These types will only lead you to a path you otherwise would have never taken and ultimately cut you loose from your ties with God. You don't want this.

You're doing the right thing here but don't lose focus. American universities are places full of judgment and confusion. You will be tested more than once on your college journey. But with every test, and every struggle, your faith will grow. Participate in discussions with your  fellow students. When they question your beliefs, stand up for what you believe in and do not let their way of life shake or falter you in any way; You are a Christian. You are one of the sons (or daughters?) of God. You know better. Pray for those who know less that they too may share your faith and love for our One True and Eternal God.

God bless you and strengthen you on your path to enlightenment.