I am very agitated from something which just happend now

edited February 2012 in Faith Issues
My mum does not know anything about my posts right now. It is 1:00 am where I live
Well I was feeling happy that I have more plans about going to church or doing other things and I felt more at peace

But the thing is my mum said very disturbingly for me to go to sleep. I feel she is stopping me from figuring out my salvation. If I asked her why are you talking to me in such a manner she will say she did not. She is just letting me know it is 1:00 am and I have to go to sleep.

This is like when I read the bible. And my parents or other people interfere with my reading or tell me to do something else.

There is always someone annoying me. Next time it could be you when I am at church. I could be planning to do good but you are hindering me. It can even be a priest. I am not talking about him trying to make me balanced. I listen to his advice and am not disturbed by his advice. I just know they may behave the same way

I read a sermon a long time ago by George Whitefield

http://www.biblebb.com/files/whitefield/gw025.htm

The wise virgins are often criticised of being too religious and are criticised by them in the world. I know he is protestant but it is a good message and none of my posts are influenced by protestants but the bible.

Its not that it is 1:00 am. I have felt it at other times a long time ago when I was more religious. When I feel I am growing they tell me to come down and spend time with them

If other nations and people who inherited other ideologies have to resist their parents will to be saved then we must do the same to be saved. This is often the focus of pope shenouda's books.

Comments

• If I start singing hymns in church when I am alone or praying perhaps a priest will appear out of nowhere
  • can you tell us your age so we can more accurately respond?
  • Okay. My real age is 25 but I will turn 26 this year at some time. I don't see how that changes anything. God gives knowledge to all who seek Him and St Abanoub was more wise than all others
  • You really need to talk to your foc about this. You have been posting several times about issues like this and it seems that in your case a physical conversation will help. Please, go talk to your father of confession. The feelings you are having are from the devil and every time somebody keeps helping you here you just post another thread about the same problem.
  • it just sounds like your mom saw the time is late and thought like you might like to sleep... not a big deal. If your parents interrupt you while you are reading the Bible, then tell them that you are reading the Bible! don't assume they know already. If they know that you are reading and still ask you to do something then do it! In my opinion, it is better to be obedient. If you continue reading the Bible while being disobedient to your parents, I doubt your reading will be fruitful.
    You may be thinking of the verse "obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right". But this is to be taken as a guideline for those parents who let their children stray. for example, if a parent tells their child to go smoke or drink, the child should not obey them, because these activities conflict with obedience to God who said through the hands of St. Paul "do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?"

and as always, when a problem arises, go speak to your Father of Confession and he will guide you

please pray for my weakness
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=12922.msg152124#msg152124 date=1329496312]
    You really need to talk to your foc about this. You have been posting several times about issues like this and it seems that in your case a physical conversation will help. Please, go talk to your father of confession. The feelings you are having are from the devil and every time somebody keeps helping you here you just post another thread about the same problem.

I concur with Geomike. Please, please, please speak with your Father of confession. It will only help you.
  • I have also urged you to speak to your spiritual father. Please do so ad a matter of urgency.

God bless you.
  • I will speak to my foc soon when I actually have something I want to tell him and I can travel

Priests do have a stronger connection with God because they spend time with God
    If priests have already done the hard work why not benefit from them?
    But remember Jesus Himself says one is your teacher the Christ
    We are all brethren

Bible says we are to honor those who rule over us but does not say God only reveals the truth to priests
    St Paul says we all have knowledge
    and about the new covenant no one will teach his neighbour saying know the Lord for all shall know the Lord from the least educated or the least to the greatest
  • You should see your FOC urgently because none of us can easily see our own hearts, and to think that we do not need to see our FOC is a sign that in fact we definitely do.

We don't all have knowledge, and if even our bishops often resort to their own spiritual fathers then how much more should we do so.