Cheap Orthodox Books

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I don't mean for this to be an advertisement or anything but I have to recommend that everyone check into getting a kindle e-reader or the kindle app for their respective mobile devices. The Kindle bookstore contains a massive library of Orthodox books, especially that of the church fathers. I found ALL of Tertullians works for $2.99. St Augustine's complete works for the same price! Buying each of these works in paperback would cost you hundreds of dollars.

Other works:

St Clement of Alexandria

Origen

St Cyprian of Carthage

St. Ignatius of Antioch

St. Irenaeus

St Justin Martyr

and more!!!!

Comments

• hmm, I'm debating between a kindle and a kobo. I know both are at competitive prices but I also want one with colour. What can I say, I'm a colourful guy  ;D
  • [quote author=Timothym link=topic=12840.msg151073#msg151073 date=1327519572]
    hmm, I'm debating between a kindle and a kobo. I know both are at competitive prices but I also want one with colour. What can I say, I'm a colourful guy  ;D

You can get a kindle fire, which is color. I prefer the e-ink because it is far easier on the eyes and really looks just like a book. Not only that the battery lasts like a month. But thats just me.
  • Links please... ;D
  • [quote author=✞TheGodChrist✞ link=topic=12840.msg151077#msg151077 date=1327522696]
    Links please... ;D

To what? Amazon.com? Just search the kindle books section and type in whatever saint you want.
  • I was just looking at the collection of St. Augustine's books...seems like a great deal!! How good is the format? Some kindle books just irk me...
  • [quote author=Gabriella link=topic=12840.msg151346#msg151346 date=1328107849]
    I was just looking at the collection of St. Augustine's books...seems like a great deal!! How good is the format? Some kindle books just irk me...

Always, ALWAYS get samples. The one that has 46 of St Augustines books is great. Interactive table of contents, etc. Good stuff.
  • I'm thinking of getting an ereader myself and while I like the design and functionality of the Kobo better than the Kindle, the Kindle has waaay more Orthodox/Christian books available and are slightly cheaper at times (1 or 2 dollars less).
  • you can get kindle for iphone
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12840.msg151383#msg151383 date=1328175138]
    you can get kindle for iphone

And iPad too.
    However, reading for long periods on such devices hurts the eyes
  • And Android devices.