GOD, real

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues

hey, I have a question, this is by no way, shape or form a trick question, but I guess I just want to know... to you, what make you think that God is real, exists? now I do believe that God exists, just wanna know more reasons to believe in that... sorry, I know some get upset when these questions are asked, but hope we all gain something.

Comments

• I hope nobody gets upet that you asked this question because i know you're asking it in search of a real answer. When aethiests ask it its more like an offensive attack or something..thats different. I've seen God work in a lot of ways. Whenever i pray, He somehow answers and i just know that its Him and its not coincidence. Even when i don't pray, He's always sending me signs. Thats really a big part of why i believe He exists. because otherwise, i mean, the church talks and talks about how much He exists and how great He is, and thats one thing but when you really experiance something, thats a whole different story.
  • That was a very good answer Cremedelescremes.I would also add that the inner witness
    {in our hearts}of the Holy Spirit is another proof of God's existence.We dont just believe because other people tell us God is real but rather because the Holy Spirit bears witness in our heart {and spirit }that Jesus is the Christ,the very Son of God;verily, that Jesus is actually God himself.
  • what does gay mean? :-* juss wonderin.
  • God exists, no Question!!!!!!!! Could there be a watch with no maker? of course NOT! Without God, we wouldn't be breathing every breath that we're taking. God is omnipresent meaning that God has always existed. Because God doesn't have the same nature we do, doesn't mean God doen't exist. If God wasn't real, then that would mean that there is no Jesus, meaning Christianity is not real. From all the prophecies that were written and fullfilled in the Bible, we know that Christianity is THE true religion meaning Jesus IS real, meaning that God exists!!
    May God Bless You and spread his words against us all.
  • From all the prophecies that were written and fullfilled in the Bible, we know that Christianity is THE true religion meaning Jesus IS real, meaning that God exists!!

Another good point!Besides the witness of the Holy Spirit we have the witness of the Word of God.Your right!
  • Well personally speaking, I know God exists because he always manages to find a way to get to my heart when I lose hope..I've seen many miracles..perhaps not big ones and people may doubt them but I believe that he's sent them. Sometimes when you focus on God and only God you can almost see him right by your side..it's a great feeling to have..
  • There are so many stories and things in the bible that prove that God is real, but the best proof is within you. I mean when you feel the power of God it's just so enlightening. It beats all explanations. Like when you go to confess and your so worried and stressed but once you're done, it's like all the weight has been lifted off your shoulders and the world is bright again. My favorite thing though is talking to God, the saints, and my loved ones that have passed away. It justs gives you a sense of warmness. You can talk to them for hours and never get bored. The thing that amazes me though is they talk to me back. Like I'll say something and I'll imagine what they say in return. It feels so good and comforting. You should try it! It'll show you the power of God and how real he is. Just because you can't see someone doesn't mean they're not watching over you and listening to everything you say. Sometimes you just have to believe and try talking to them and the result is greater than any proof that you'll ever find! ;)

God bless! :)
  • what does gay mean? juss wonderin.

I am happy you wanted to know a word, especialy in a topic like this... well, gay means two things... Happy, which goes with the topic, because youd know you are gay because, you know God exists, this kinda of gay is in old english, not really used in modern lang. any more. there is the other kind of gay which is the homosexual gay, and it also goes with the topic, because if God exists, you know you must change quickly because, God dosent like the act....lol good question man.
  • Hey Bishoy...great question...I feel that even we as believers have to answer that question for ourselves over and again.

There are many very long answers, but I will recommend a few books that are great, so I hope you like reading.

The first book is great - a tiny bit philosophical. The book is called "Mere Christianity" and it is by C. S. Lewis. If you read it feel free to ask me questions about it if some things are not clear.

There are two other great books that prove that Jesus Christ is God and answer some of the hard questions. Both of these were written by the same person. He was an atheist and was a journalist, so went investigating the person of Christ and his claims trying to disprove it and ended up converting.
    The books are "The Case for Christ" which proves everything about Jesus being God, and the second book is "The Case for Faith" which answers some of the hard questions of Christianity. They are written by Lee Strobel.

Enjoy! And be confident that since you see, you will find.
    George
  • Thanks for the book recommendations George.

I'd also add that sometimes we try to intellectually comprehend things like the existence of God. I think we have to realize that as humans, we are limited in our capacity -- i.e. our brains are limited no matter how much we try to rationalize things. So even if we seek proof for things that cannot be proven in the way we want them to be, we have to realize that just because we don't fully understand it, doesn't mean it's not real.

• hey...you might want to check this out too:

http://www.suscopts.org/messages/lectures/theologylecture2.pdf

It's a 3 page lecture/article about the existence of God.
  • bout that file on God's existance it doesnt seem to be working for me would anybody be able to email it to me if i gave u my address.
  • as many of you have said, God exists in every way and especially with us.
    the only other proof besides creation and the Bible that you can give someone is to tell them to Experience God.
    Experiencing Him is the only way you can be reassured of His presence. All the little great things that have made you smile in life has God's love hiding behind it.

there's this nice quote i read: "Coincidence is when God chooses to remain Anonymous"... simply meaning that when something good/coincidnetal happens, its God doing, not luck. and im sure we've all had times when we say 'what a coincidence!'....

May God strengthen you and keep you growing in His love :)

Take Care.........
  • to me God exists becuase there is no way that all the good things that happen to me wud happen if God was not happy with me

it makes me feel good to knwo God in someway is proud of me

[shadow=green,left][glow=green,2,300]- Roaming[/glow][/shadow]
  • bout that file on God's existance it doesnt seem to be working for me would anybody be able to email it to me if i gave u my address.
    plz!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • God exists because I exist
    If God didn't exist, nothing would exist

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • GJI -- try copying and pasting the address or re-typing the address into your browser's address bar. Also, you have to make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader--otherwise, you may not be able to read the file.

If that doesn't work, I'll be glad to email it to you if you give me your email address---along with that other file about the trinity that you also wanted.