Different Levels in Hell??

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i know this sounds like a stupid question
but you know hows there is different levels in heaven (not every1 who goes to heaven will be in a place like the other)? so does that mean there is different levels in hell ...like some people will suffer a lot while others not a lot..or is it all the same level of suffering?

Comments

• hey princessmary.. i think there isn't exactly "levels" i think that u (well not u but lyk whoever goes there i hope nobody does bcz everyone here is woderful :)) like get punished on how much the person was bad.. and when i say punished i say it bcz hell is not like flaming and an extreamly huge fire or lava or wutever ppl usually think abt hell.. i heard that its like u r there and ur sins and bad deeds that u did r lyk a slide show and u look on the other side u c heaven and everyone there is all happy but ur not bcz ur lyk watching ur sins and wishing u were a better person when u were on Earth.. i believe thats sumwhere in the Bible or a story i heard.. umm if i'm wrong can sumone plz plz plz correct me?
    NICE TOPIC PRINCESSMARY AND ITS DEFINATLY NOT A STUPID QUESTION EVEN THO I ANSWERED IT DOESN'T MEAN ITS STUPID.. LOL ;D
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Rina ;)
  • wow, thats definatly not a stupid question, thats an awesome question!!!!
    really, princess u rock!!!
    i gota ask that question to my priest now,
    wow, gr8 question.
  • Wow! Wonderful question... but my best guess would be NO, Hell is Hell... there are no levels. The last I heard was about one of the saints that God took to hell, just to show it to him... and the story tells that he saw the devils pouring the lava on the sinners, and all were in a lake of fire. Another person that made it to hell, was Lazarus... after he rose from the dead, the traditions says he never smiled again because of what he saw

That was one of the theories of hell, the other one is that there is nothing of that sort, the real torture is that you are away from God.

Here is what the bible says about hell…
    "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him Who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)
    "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matthew 25:46)
    "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment..." 2 Peter 2:4
    "And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day." (Jude 6)
    "' The sinners in Zion are afraid; Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites: 'who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? '" (Isaiah 33:14)
    "The beast and the false prophet were cast alive into the lake of fire, burning with brimstone." (Revelation 19:20)
    " The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:10)
    And much, much more, but here is what I think… I think its both… they will be tortured, and they will be deprived from God.
  • yeah i think it would be no as u cant just miss out on heaven u know, theres a fine line, so i think theres no levels, however in terms of peoples suffering, on account on the severity of their sins they may be tormented more by there there on self, u know...just a thought.

btw nice quotes socoolbishoy
  • All i can say is dat GOD IS JUST :)