Why is the nativity Doxology chanted in a different Tune? Anyone knows?

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi All,
Does anyone know why the Nativity Doxology is chanted at the tune of the Gospel Response & is not similar to the other Joyful Doxologies? I need to explain this to the deacon group at my church.

thanks

Comments

• [quote author=Christ4000 link=topic=12686.msg149002#msg149002 date=1323809071]
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know why the Nativity Doxology is chanted at the tune of the Gospel Response & is not similar to the other Joyful Doxologies? I need to explain this to the deacon group at my church.

thanks

but it is chanted in the same exact tune as the rest of the festive doxologies
  • [quote author=Christ4000 link=topic=12686.msg149002#msg149002 date=1323809071]
    Hi All,

thanks

What tune do you use?
  • Mina, it is not, listen to ibrahim ayad saying the doxology of Nativity & Resurrection & you will notice the difference.
  • [quote author=Christ4000 link=topic=12686.msg149013#msg149013 date=1323818352]
    Mina, it is not, listen to ibrahim ayad saying the doxology of Nativity & Resurrection & you will notice the difference.

Resurrection: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_1/08.First_Doxology.1203.mp3
    skip to 1:55

Nativity 1st dox: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Nativity/Ibrahim_Ayad/06_First_Doxology.1533.mp3

the only difference is that in the nativity he is just saying it in a very slow base which really makes a lot of sense considering that when M.Ibrahim Ayad was recording this, it was still the beginning of recording tapes for him in which he was mainly targeting deacons who need to be learning. In a doxology or psali or even a hymn that has a lot of test, it is good to learn  the slow way to be able to pronounce every single letter in coptic. after that, and with time and experience, saying the hymns faster becomes naturally.