IMPORTANT SYDNEY PROTEST COPTIC ORTHODOX

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
HEYY GUYSSS,

Just thought to let everyone know Sydney had a massive protest today I was there with IbelongtoJesus and so manyyyyy othersss :D,

Our opposition leader Tony Abbott was there we had many abounas, bishops and Ministers
I believe we have made a difference we have certainly r tryin to make a changeeee

STAY SAFEE EGYPTTTTT COPTSSS :D

Comments

• hemhem... it wasnt a protest, it was a "gathering of solidarity"... and in my opinion it didnt do much to make awareness for other people other than the politicians. Like copts were the only guys there other than the politicians....
    Hope the politicians can help tho
    cya
  • [quote author=I belong to Jesus link=topic=12493.msg146448#msg146448 date=1319366341]
    hemhem... it wasnt a protest, it was a "gathering of solidarity"... and in my opinion it didnt do much to make awareness for other people other than the politicians. Like copts were the only guys there other than the politicians....
    Hope the politicians can help tho
    cya

I agree, but the politicians r the ones with the power so hopefully they helppp!!!!
    :)
  • My Church in Canada is also having a protest today. One of the neighboring parishes sent a letter to all of it's Parrish advising them not to participate in said protest. I ten to side with the latter.

According to Abouna, protesting in Toronto is protesting to the hot dog stands. "We protest to God."

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • I agree. Moqattam was moved with prayer, not with protesting.
  • Remember that the great Saint Paul was seeking justice too. Knowing his rights as a Roman, even after he was released and been apologized to, he was determined to raise his case by protesting to Caesar (who was a real pagan) and he made it very clear to the extent that it was registered for us in the Holy Bible (Acts 25). Many Bishops acknowledge similarity to the current situation.

Acts 25
    10 So Paul said, “I stand at Caesar’s judgment seat, where I ought to be judged. To the Jews I have done no wrong, as you very well know. 11 For if I am an offender, or have committed anything deserving of death, I do not object to dying; but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them. I appeal to Caesar.”

The Moqattam was moved by the faithful prayers of His saints, His people and the intercessions of Saint Mary so the Lord heard and made this big miracle. This situation was different because the threat was imminent (few days were allowed) plus it was not available to seek any diplomatic support or convince the king to change his mind.

We have all prayed and still do. We trust the Lord will intervene, I think He has started to do that, but I noticed the issue of (not) protesting is a really controversial one.

As a given ex., if you feel a teacher is falsely accusing you of cheating during his exam and is going to let you fail while you're innocent.. what can you do? You pray earnestly to God to intervene, then you go to make peace with your teacher and do your best to convince him. If it doesn't work you may need to raise this matter politely at the headmaster's office or ask for a second chance. It's legal and non violent - while not necessarily obligatory - you'll do it though. It's not a sin: you have already asked God's support and still do, He opens many good doors. In fact, if God allows the injustice to continue, it will not be solved. We will still thank Him in and for any case: His Will be done.

When the issue is a real life threatening or a severely crippling one, you will start praying harder to God, offer vows, fast etc., then you will go to law enforcement officials. If your pleas are neglected or you find out that you're being tricked or manipulated to believe it's OK, and then your home is set on fire and your brother is killed as a clear warning to shut up and drop the whole matter now you seriously have to react: you seek justice you'll start to sue the one(s) who's threatening you, burned your home and has murdered your brother. Let alone repeatedly demolishing or burning churches (God's houses), attacking monasteries and people, and the cruel killing of many martyrs. Using only legitimate means you will try to save what's left: you're worrying for your other relatives and for yourself. Please think about it.

GBU
  • Any videos?
  • I do need to add we have been praying aswell s peacefully protesting :D cya vids will come soon :)
  • my point behind this was that we weren't walking around and telling the other people about what is happening in Egypt, we were just standing in a park without many people walking past. Many here didn't even hear of what happened, the news barely showed it (i am talking about it in the middle of the news for a few seconds). I kinda felt like we needed to tell the other non-copts what is happening and get the point through to them.
    cya