80 would have bad living conditions
    70 would be uneducated
    50 underfed
    1 would die
    2 would be born
    1 would have a computer
    1 (only one) will have higher education
    When you look at the work from this point of view, you can see there
    Is a real need for solidarity, understanding, patience and education?
    Also think about the following
    >This morning, if you woke up healthy, then you are happier than the 1 million people that will not survive next week.
    If you never suffered a war,
    The loneliness of the jail cell, the agony of torture, or hunger,
    You are happier than 500 million people in the world.
    If you can enter into a church (mosque) without fear of jail or death, you are happier then 3 million people in the world.
    If there is a food in your fridge, you have shoes and clothes, you have bed and a roof, and you are richer then 75% of the people in the world. If you have bank account, money in your wallet and some coins in the money-box, you belong to the 8% of the people on the world, who are well-to-do.
    If you read this you are three times blessed because:
    1. Somebody just thought of you.
    2. You don't belong to the 200 million people that cannot read.
    3 .and... You have a computer!
    As somebody once said:
    "- work as if you don't need money,
    - love as if you’ve never been hurt,
    - dance, as if nobody can see you,
    - sing, as if no one can hear,
    - live, as if the Earth was a heaven."
    If you like, send this to people you call friends.
    If you don't send this, nothing will happen. But, if you send it -
    Someone will smile.

• In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold
    Knowledge in the highest esteem. One day an
    Acquaintance met the great philosopher and said,
    "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about your
    Friend?"
    "Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before telling
    Me anything I'd like you to pass a little test. It's
    Called the Triple Filter Test."
    "Triple filter?"
    "That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk
    To me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take
    A moment and filter what you're going to say. The
    First filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure?
    That what you are about to tell me is absolutely
    True?"
    "No," the man said, "I actually just heard about it
    And..."
    "All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know
    If it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter,
    The filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell
    Me about my friend something good?"
    "No, on the contrary..."
    "So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me
    Something bad about him, but you're not certain it's
    True. You may still pass the test though, because
    There’s one filter left: the filter of Usefulness. Is
    What you want to tell me about my friend going to be
    Useful to me?"
    "No, not really."
    "Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell
    Me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell
    It to me at all?"

• I woke up this morning and knew that today, I knew the sun would not be shining and the clouds would be grey. As I stepped outside Rain fell upon my head. My car wouldn't start so I walked to school instead. I forgot all of my assignments failed all of my tests. I dropped my head in disgust and asked the Lord for One request.” Lord, why is it that Thing won't go my way?” He gently replied,” Dear child it is because you didn't thank me yesterday. I woke you up and enabled you to see the sun again. I gave you shelter, Protected your family, and even let you make a new friend. I blessed you far Greater than I ever had before. But you were too busy to thank me once more. You didn't feel sick because I maintained your health. You had money in your pocket because I maintained your wealth. You had shoes on you feet and clothes to wear, too. You had plenty of food to eat, and what did you do? You ignored me and went about your tasks. But when you wanted something you never hesitated to ask. I was there when you needed me and that wasn't too long ago. But when things started going your way, it was me you did not know. As if that weren't enough, I provided your favourite luxuries. This was something I didn't have to do - they weren't even necessities. And when it was time to get on your Knees and show your gratitude, you decided that after such fulfilling day, you weren't in the mood. So I decided to give you just a little test. To show you how it would feel to stop being blessed." I began to realize what The Lord was saying. And when I got home, I fell
    To my knees and started praying. He said, "My child, you have learned and you know I do forgive. But remember to remember this day As long as you shall live. I love filling your life with joy, and your pain I'll alleviate it. But just a simple thank you would show how much you
    Appreciate it

• The cracked pot
    A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole. Which he carried across his neck? One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the master’s house, the cracked pot arrived half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and half pots of water to his masters’ house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect to the end for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, And miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do. After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer One day by the stream.” I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologise to you”.” Why?” asked the bearer. “What are you ashamed of?” I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load. Because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your masters’ house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don’t get full value from your efforts,” the pot said. The water bearer felt sorry for the cracked pot, and in his compassion he said,” As we return to the masters house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path.” Indeed as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the Beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path.” And this cheered it some. But at the end of the trial, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again it apologised to the bearer for its failure. The bearer said to the pot, “Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of, the path? But not on the other pot’s side? That’s because I have always know about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and everyday while we walk back from the stream you’ve watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master’s table. Without you being, just the way you are, he would not have had this beauty to grace his house.” Each of us has our own unique flaws. We are all cracked pots! But it’s the cracks and the flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You’ve just got to take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them. There is a lot of good out there. There is a lot of good in you! Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape!!!
    Think of it
  • I guarantee you will remember the tale of the Wooden
    Bowl tomorrow, a week from now, a month from now, a year from now.
    A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law, and four-year old grandson. The old man's hands trembled, his eyesight was blurred, and his step faltered.
    The family ate together at the table. But the elderly grandfather's shaky hands and failing sight made eating difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the floor. When he grasped the glass, milk spilled on the tablecloth. The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess. "We must do something about Grandfather," said the son. I've had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating, and food on the floor. So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner. There, Grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed dinner. Since Grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a wooden bowl.
    When the family glanced in Grandfather's direction, sometime he had a tear in his eye as he sat alone. Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped a fork or spilled food. The four-year-old watched it all in silence. One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. He asked the
    Child sweetly, "What are you making?" Just as sweetly, the boy responded, "Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and Mama to eat your food in when I grow up." The four-year-old smiled and went back to work. The words so struck the parents that they were speechless. Then tears started to stream down their cheeks. Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be done.
    That evening the husband took Grandfather's hand and gently led him back to the family table. For the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. And for some reason, neither husband nor wife seemed to care any
    Longer when a fork was dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled. On a positive note, I've learned that, no matter what happens how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that, regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a
    "Life." I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But, if you focus on your family, your friends, the needs of others, your work and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.
    I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
    I've learned that every day, you should reach out and touch someone.
    People love that human touch -- holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that you should pass this on to everyone you care about.
    I just did.
  • SPECIAL DELIVERY
    Sally jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating
    room She said: "How is my little boy? Is he going to be all right? When
    can I see him?"

The surgeon said, "I'm sorry. We did all we could, but your boy didn't
    make it.."

Sally said, "Why do little children get cancer? Doesn't God care any more?
    Where were you, God, when my son needed you?"

The surgeon asked, "Would you like some time alone with your son? One of
    the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported to the
    university."

Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good-bye to son. She
    ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.

"Would you like a lock of his hair?" the nurse asked.

Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a
    plastic bag and handed it to Sally. The mother said, "It was Jimmy's idea
    to donate his body to the university for study. He said it might help
    somebody else. "I said no at first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be using
    it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more
    day with his Mom." She went on, "My Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always
    thinking of someone else. Always! wanting to help others if he could."

Sally walked out of Children's Mercy Hospital for the last time, after
    spending most of the last six months there. She put the bag with Jimmy's
    belongings on the seat beside her in the car. The drive home was
    difficult. It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried
    Jimmy's belongings, and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her
    son's room. She started placing the model cars and other personal things
    back in his room exactly where he had always kept them. She laid down
    across his bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.

It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying beside her on the bed was
    a folded letter. The letter said:

"Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss me; but don't think that I will
    ever forget you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say I
    LOVE YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday we
    will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy
    so you won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can have my room and
    old stuff to play with but, if you decide to get a girl instead, she
    probably wouldn't like the same things us boys do. You'll have to buy her
    dolls and stuff girls like, you know. Don't be sad thinking about me. This
    really is a neat place Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here
    and showed me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything.
    The angels are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what?
    Jesus doesn't look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew
    it was Him. Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got
    to sit on God's knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important.
    That's when I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you
    good-bye and everything. But I already knew that wasn't allowed. Well, you
    know what Mom? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write
    you this letter. I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to
    drop this letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one
    of the questions you asked Him 'Where was He when I needed him?' "God said
    He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross.
    He was right there, as He always is with all His children.

Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I've written except you. To
    everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool? I have
    to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more names in the
    Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper.
    I'm, sure the food will be great.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore. The cancer is all
    gone. I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God couldn't
    stand to see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent The Angel of
    Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How about
    that?

Signed with Love from: God, Jesus & Me
  • Dear Fully Rely On God,

Thank you so much for posting these wonderful stories!They were full of powerful spiritual insights that will lead us to wisdom and understanding which in turn will bequeath to us a deeper knowledge of our great God.They truly spoke to my heart.Thank you again and may you keep sharing and blessing us with your posts!God richly bless you.
  • FROG
    these are the same emails i get from the our church emails....
    lol bu i was too lazy to put em up...
  • heyyyyy guuyssssss, this isnt a poem but its a kewl table, lolx.... i hope you enjoy it as much as i loved it!

You say: "It's impossible"
    God says: All things are possible :D
    (Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
    God says: I will give you rest :D
    (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
    God says: I love you :-*
    (John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

You say: "I can't go on"
    God says: My grace is sufficient :o
    (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
    God says: I will direct your steps :)
    (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"
    God says: You can do all things :o
    (Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
    God says: I am able :)
    (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
    God says: It will be worth it ;)
    (Roman 8:28 )

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
    God says: I Forgive you :)
    (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
    God says: I will supply all your needs :D
    (Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
    God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear 8)
    (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
    God says: Cast all your cares on ME ;)
    (I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I don't have enough faith"
    God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith :o
    (Romans 12:3)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
    God says: I give you wisdom :D
    (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
    God says: I will never leave you or forsake you :D :D
    (Hebrews 13:5)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • thats really beautiful magnoona ;)
  • o this topic is gr8... i love all the things on here..
    and Magnoona4lyf that was awesome... its sooo... let me find the right word here.. beautiful.. there we go.. lol.. sorry.. ;D

Rina ;)
  • here r sum more

He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver
    Some time ago, a few ladies met in a certain city to read the scriptures and make them the subject of conversation. While reading the third chapter of Malachi they came upon a remarkable expression in the third verse. "And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."
    One lady's opinion was that is was intended to convey the view of the sanctifying influence of the grace of Christ. Then she proposed to visit a silversmith and report to them what he said on the subject. She went accordingly and without telling the object of her errand, begged to know the process of refining silver, which he fully described to her.
    "But Sir" she said, "do you sit while the work of refining is going on?"
    "Oh, yes madam," replied the silversmith; "I must sit with my eye steadily fixed on the furnace, for if the time necessary for refining be exceeded in the slightest degree, the silver will be injured."
    The lady at once saw the beauty, and comfort too, of the expression, "He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." Christ sees it needful to put His children into a furnace; His eye is steadily intent on the work of purifying, and His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for them. Their trials do not come at random; "the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
    As the lady was leaving the shop, the silversmith called her back, and said he had still further to mention, that he only knows when the process of purifying was complete, by seeing his own image reflected in the silver.
  • hay guys sorry but these r stories they r still very nice

Greed
    A rich landowner offered to give the newly arrived neighbor all the land he could walk around in one day. The condition was that he would have to be back at the spot from which he started by sundown. Early the next morning the neighbor set out, without eating any breakfast or greeting anyone.
    His plan was to cover six square miles. When he finished the first six, he decided to make it nine, then twelve, and finally fifteen. That meant he would have to walk sixty miles before sundown. By noon he had covered thirty miles. He did not stop for food or drink. His legs grew heavier and heavier.
    About two hundred yards from the finish line, he saw the sun going toward the horizon. He had only a few minutes left. He gathered all his energies for that one last effort. He staggered across the line just in time.
    Then he reached for his heart and fell down in a heap - dead. All the land he got was a piece six feet by two for his grave. He died of greed.
  • Why Take of The Holy Communion?

A true story told by Fr. Luka Sidarous in his book,

One of the monks told me this story:
    They brought to the monastery a man who was possessed by the devil. The devil would torment and torture him.

After the vespers prayer they brought him in and told the father that he did not drink for two days. So they brought him water and the priest did the sign of the cross on the water and gave it to him. The man took the jug of water and threw it away and broke it. This happened twice. Finally the father gave him the jug without doing the sign of the cross and he proceeded to drink.

The father was now sure that this man was possessed (because the devil is terrified of the Holy Cross that conquered him on the day of our Christ's Crucifixion).

The father asked the devil with authority, "how did you dare to inhabit this man and he is Christian? do you have any authority on him?"
    The devil replied and said, "because he does not have communion."
    "Since when?"
    "More than forty days."
    "So you know the cannon of the church?"
    "Yes I do."
    "What about the non-Christians?"
    "Them, I enter from the day they are born."

Fr. Luka comments, "It is to this extent that the devil knows our points of weakness, and he knows the strength and protection we get from the Holy Mysteries... and he fears greatly the 'sign of salvation' that is the pride of all Christians (the Holy Cross)."

• Do u love me
    "Do you love Me more than these?" (John 21:15)
    This was the first time Peter had come face to face with Jesus since the night he denied him. The weight of that awful failure must have been crushing. What is amazing is that Jesus never brought up Peter's past. He didn't ask 'How could you have turned your back on Me when I needed you most?' The only question He asked him was 'Do you really love Me?' That's the real question.
    Jesus asked it three times of Peter and He's asking it of you today. 'Do you love Me? Do you love Me more than anyone else or anything else?'
    Peter's answer has to be our answer too. "Lord, You know that I love you. Others may doubt it - my weakness and failure may have convinced them of it, but You know."
    You see, you can be religious and not love Him. You can go to church and not love Him. You can give to the poor and not love Him. That night Jesus looked into the heart of a man who was hurting beyond words, and saw a love that was true in spite of human frailty. Because of it, He restored him and sent him out to change the world.
    Take a little time today and think about this question from the lips of Jesus: "Do you love Me?"
  • Dear Lord,
    We're still hoping we'll wake up. We're still hoping we'll open a sleepy eye and think, what a horrible dream.
    But we won't, will we, Father? What we saw was not a dream. Planes did gouge towers. Flames did consume our fortress. People did perish. It was no dream and, dear Father, we are sad.
    There is a ballet dancer who will no longer dance and a doctor who will no longer heal. A church has lost her priest, a classroom is minus a teacher.
    Cora ran a food pantry. Paige was a counselor and Dana, dearest Father, Dana was only three years old. (Who held her in those final moments?)
    We are sad, Father. For as the innocent are buried, our innocence is buried as well. We thought we were safe. Perhaps we should have known better. But we didn't.
    And so we come to you. We don't ask you for help; we beg you for it. We don't request it; we implore it. We know what you can do. We've read the accounts. We've pondered the stories and now we plead, Do it again, Lord. Do it again.
    Remember Joseph? You rescued him from the pit. You can do the same for us. Do it again, Lord.
    Remember the Hebrews in Egypt? You protected their children from the angel of death. We have children, too, Lord. Do it again, Lord.
    And Sarah? Remember her prayers? You heard them. Joshua? Remember his fears? You inspired him. The women at the tomb? You resurrected their hope. The doubts of Thomas? You took them away. Do it again, Lord. Do it again.
    You changed Daniel from a captive into a king's counselor. You took Peter the fisherman and made him Peter an apostle. Because of you, David went from leading sheep to leading armies. Do it again, Lord, for we need counselors today, Lord. We need apostles. We need leaders. Do it again, dear Lord.
    Most of all, do again what you did at Calvary. What we saw here last Tuesday, you saw there that Friday. Innocence slaughtered. Goodness murdered. Mothers weeping. Evil dancing. Just as the ash fell on our children, the darkness fell on your Son. Just as our towers were shattered, the very Tower of Eternity was pierced.
    And by dusk, heaven's sweetest song was silent, buried behind a rock.
    But you did not waver, O Lord. You did not waver. After three days in a dark hole, you rolled the rock and rumbled the earth and turned the darkest Friday into the brightest Sunday. Do it again, Lord. Grant us a September Easter.
    And look kindly upon your church. For two thousand years you've used her to heal a hurting world. Do it again, Lord. Do it again.
    Through Christ,
    Amen.
  • Diving into God
    A young man who had been raised as an atheist was Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often.
    One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall.
    The shadow of his body was in the shape of a cross. Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on.
    The pool had been drained for repairs.
  • this is ma favorite

The blind passenger on the bus
    The passengers on the bus watched sympathetically as the attractive young woman with the white cane made her way carefully up the steps. She paid the driver and, using her hands to feel the location of the seats, walked down the aisle and found the seat he'd told her was empty. Then she's settled in, placed her briefcase on her lap and rested her cane against her leg.
    It had been a year since Susan, thirty-four, became blind. Due to a medical misdiagnosis she had been rendered sightless, and she was suddenly thrown into a world of darkness, anger, frustration and self-pity. Once a fiercely independent woman, Susan now felt condemned by this terrible twist of fate to become a powerless, helpless burden on everyone around her.
    "How could this have happened to me?" she would plead, her heart knotted with anger. But no matter how much she cried or ranted or prayed, she knew the painful truth her sight was never going to return. A cloud of depression hung over Susan's once optimistic spirit. Just getting through each day was an exercise in frustration and exhaustion. And all she had to cling to was her husband Bob. Bob was an Army officer and he loved Susan with all of his heart.
    When she first lost her sight, he watched her sink into despair and was determined to help his wife gain the strength and confidence she needed to become independent again. Bob's military background had trained him well to deal with sensitive situations, and yet he knew this was the most difficult battle he would ever face. Finally, Susan felt ready to return to her job, but how would she get there? She used to take the bus, but was now too frightened to get around the city by herself. Bob volunteered to drive her to work each day, even though they worked at opposite ends of the city. At first, this comforted Susan and fulfilled Bob's need to protect his sightless wife who was so insecure about performing the slightest task. Soon, however Bob realized that this arrangement wasn't working. It was hectic, and costly.
    Susan is going to have to start taking the bus again, he admitted to himself. But just the thought of mentioning it to her made him cringe. She was still so fragile, so angry. How would she react? Just as Bob predicted, Susan was horrified at the idea of taking the bus again. "I'm blind!" she responded bitterly. "How am I supposed to know where I'm going? I feel like you're abandoning me." Bob's heart broke to hear these words, but he knew what had to be done. He promised Susan that each morning and evening he would ride the bus with her, for as long as it took, until she got the hang of it. And that is exactly what happened. For two solid weeks, Bob, military uniform and all, accompanied Susan to and from work each day. He taught her how to rely on her other senses, specifically her hearing, to determine where she was and how to adapt to her new environment.
    He helped her befriend the bus drivers who could watch out for her, and save her a seat. He made her laugh, even on those not-so-good days when she would trip exiting the bus, or drop her briefcase Each morning they made the journey together, and Bob would take a cab back to his office. Although this routine was even more costly and exhausting than the previous one, Bob knew it was only a matter of time before Susan would be able to ride the bus on her own. He believed in her, in the Susan he used to know before she'd lost her sight, who wasn't afraid of any challenge and who would never, ever quit.
    Finally, Susan decided that she was ready to try the trip on her own. Monday morning arrived, and before she left she threw her arms around Bob, her temporary bus riding companion, her husband, and her best friend. Her eyes filled with tears of gratitude for his loyalty, his patience, his love. She said good-bye, and for the first time, they went their separate ways. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday ... Each day on her own went perfectly, and Susan had never felt better. She was doing it! She was going to work all by herself!
    On Friday morning, Susan took the bus to work a usual. As she was paying for her fare to exit the bus, an unfamiliar bus driver said, "Boy, I sure envy you." Susan wasn't sure if the driver was speaking to her or not. After all, who on earth would ever envy a blind woman who had struggled just to find the courage to live for the past year? Curious, she asked the driver, "Why do you say that you envy me?" The driver responded, "It must feel so good to be taken care of and protected like you are." Susan had no idea what the driver was talking about, and asked again, "What do you mean?". The driver answered, "You know, every morning for the past week, a fine looking gentleman in a military uniform has been standing across the corner watching you when you get off the bus. He makes sure you cross the street safely and he watches you until you enter your office building. Then he blows you a kiss, gives you a little salute and walks away. You are one lucky lady." Tears of happiness poured down Susan's cheeks.
    For although she couldn't physically see him, she had always felt Bob's presence. She was lucky, so lucky, for he had given her a gift more powerful than sight, a gift she didn't need to see to believe the gift of love that can bring light where there had been darkness. God watches over us in just the same way. We may not know He is present, but He is. We may not be able to see His face, but He is there nonetheless! Be blessed in this thought. God Loves You - even when you are not looking. God believes in you, even when you can't (or choose not to) believe in Him.

• Why God
    On the street, I saw a small girl
    cold and shivering, in a thin dress,
    with little home of a decent meal.
    I became angry and said to God:
    Why did you permit this?
    Why don't you do something about it?
    For awhile, God said nothing.
    That night he replied, quite suddenly:
    I certainly did something about it.
    I made you.
  • Holes in the fence
    There was a little boy with a bad temper.
    His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, to hammer a nail in the back fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Then it gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
    Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.
    The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one."
  • What lies on the other side
    A sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, "Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side." Very quietly, the doctor said, "I don't know."
    "You don't know? You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other side?"
    The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side of which came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness. Turning to the patient, the doctor said, "Did you notice my dog? He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear. I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing...I know my Master is there and that is enough."
    May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
  • A living bible
    Four clergymen were discussing the merits of the various translations of the Bible. One liked the King James Version because of its simple, beautiful language.
    Another liked the American Standard Version best because it comes closer to the original Hebrew and Greek. The third liked Moffatt's translation best because of its up-to-date words.
    The fourth clergyman was silent. When asked to express his opinion, he replied, "I like my mother's translation best."
    The other three expressed surprise and wanted to know what he meant. "Well," he explained, "my mother translated the Bible into her everyday life, and it was the most convincing translation I ever saw."
  • [Matthew 6:20] But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal.
    St. Peter and the Rich Man
    Determined to "take it with him" when he died, a very rich man prayed until the Lord gave in. There was one condition: he could bring only one suitcase of his wealth. The rich man decided to fill the case with gold bullion.
    The day came when God called him home. St. Peter greeted him, but told him he could not bring his suitcase. "Oh, but I have an agreement with God," the man explained.
    "That's unusual," said St. Peter. "Mind if I take a look?" The man opened the suitcase to reveal the shining gold bullion.
    St. Peter was amazed. "Why in the world would you bring pavement from the street?"

[Revelations 21:21] And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
  • Treasures in heaven
    Imagine there is a bank which credits your account each morning with $86,400, carries over no balance from day to day, allows you to keep no cash balance, and every evening cancels whatever part of the amount you had failed to use during the day.
    What would you do?
    Draw out every cent, of course!
    Well, everyone has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft.
    Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the records of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours.
    There is no going back. There is no drawing against the "tomorrow." You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success!
    The clock is running. Make the most of today.
    To realize the value of ONE YEAR
    Ask a student who has failed his exam.
    To realize the value of ONE MONTH
    Ask a mother who has given birth to a pre-mature baby.
    To realize the value of ONE WEEK
    Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
    To realize the value of ONE DAY
    Ask a daily wage laborer who has ten kids to feed.
    To realize the value of ONE HOUR
    Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
    To realize the value of ONE MINUTE
    Ask a person who has missed the train.
    To realize the value of ONE SECOND
    Ask a person who has survived an accident.
    To realize the value of ONE MILLI-SECOND
    Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
    Treasure every moment that you have!
    And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special... special enough to have your time... and remember time waits for no one...
  • Pushing against the rock
    There was a man who was asleep one night in his cabin when suddenly his room was filled with light and the savior appeared. The Lord told the man He had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. The man did, day after day.
    For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, Satan decided to enter the picture placing thoughts into the man's mind such as: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time and it hasn't budged. Why kill yourself over this? You are never going to move it? etc." Thus, giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure.
    These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man even more. "Why kill myself over this?" he thought. "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum of effort and that will be good enough." And that he planned to do until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. "Lord" he said, "I have labored long and hard in Your service, putting all of my strength to do that which You have asked. Yet, after all of this time, I have not even budged that rock a half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"
    To this the Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when long ago I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to Me, your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition, you have grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved to the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom.
    "This you have done. I, my friend, will now move the rock."
  • Music of the heart
    There is a story of a community of monks in France who were popular for their sympathy and kindness, but not one of them could sing. Try as they would, the music at their services and liturgies was always a failure. They were unhappy about this situation and about the fact that the only place where they could make melody to the Lord was in their hearts and imagination.
    Then one day a traveling monk, who was a famous singer, asked to stay the night. Great was their joy, for he would sing at their vespers that night. Hearing him, the monks hoped they could keep him always.
    At night an angel came to the superior in a dream and said, "Why was there no music in your chapel tonight? We always listen to the beautiful music that comes from your chapel." "You must be mistaken," answered the abbot. "Usually we have very poor music. But tonight we had a professional singer with a trained voice and he thrilled us with his singing. It was the first time we have had such good music. It was a treat to our ears."
    "That could be," the angel said. "But up in heaven we heard nothing."
  • Perspective look inside
    A friend's son was in the first grade. His teacher asked the class, "What is the color of apples?" Most of the children answered red. A few said green.

Kevin, my friend's son, raised his hand and said white.

The teacher tried to explain that apples can be red, green, or sometimes golden, but never white.

Kevin replied, "Look inside."

A missionary on furlough told this true story while visiting his home church in Michigan...
    "While serving at a small field hospital in Africa, every two weeks I traveled by bicycle through the jungle to a nearby city for supplies.
  • A missionary on furlough told this true story while visiting his home church in Michigan...
    "While serving at a small field hospital in Africa, every two weeks I traveled by bicycle through the jungle to a nearby city for supplies.
    This was a journey of two days and required camping overnight at the halfway point. On one of these journeys, I arrived in the city where I planned to collect money from a bank, purchase medicine and supplies, and then begin my two-day journey back to the field hospital.
    Upon arrival In the city, I observed two men fighting, one of whom had been seriously injured. I treated him for his injuries and at the same time witnessed to him of Lord Jesus Christ. I then traveled two days, camping overnight, and arrived home without incident.
    Two weeks later I repeated my journey. Upon arriving in the city, I was approached by the young man I had treated. He told me that he had known I carried money and medicines. He said, "Some friends and I followed you into the jungle, knowing you would camp overnight. We planned to kill you and take your money and drugs. But just as we were about to move into your camp, we saw that you were surrounded by 26 armed guards."
    At this I laughed and said that I was certainly all alone out in that jungle campsite. The young man pressed the point, however, and said "No sir, I was not the only person to see the guards. My five friends also saw them, and we all counted them. It was because of those guards that we were afraid and left you alone."
    At this point in the sermon, one of the men in the congregation jumped to his feet and interrupted the missionary and asked if he could tell him the exact day that this happened. The missionary told the congregation the date, and the man who interrupted told him this story:
    "On the night of your incident in Africa, it was morning here and I was preparing to go play golf. I was about to putt when I felt the urge to pray for you. In fact, the urging of the Lord was so strong, I called men in this church to meet with me here in the sanctuary to pray for you. Would all of those men who met with me on that day stand up?"
    The men who had met together to pray that day stood up. The missionary wasn't concerned with who they were--he was too busy counting how many men he saw.
    There were 26.
  • Life begins now
    We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are. After that, we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage.
    We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice vacation, when we retire. The truth is, there's no better time to be happy than right now.
    If not now, when?
    Your life will always be filled with challenges. It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred D Souza. He said, "For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."
    This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have. And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time...and remember that time waits for no one...
    So stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter, until you are off welfare, until the first or fifteenth, until your song comes on, until you've had a drink, until you've sobered up, until you die to decide that there is no better time than right now to be happy...

• Child: Hey daddy, I have a tummy ache and my head is hurting.

Father: Are you okay baby? Do you need a drink or something to eat to make you feel better?

Child: Yes please daddy, it’s really hurting me.

Father: Come with me my baby ill find you something.

Child: Where are you going daddy?

Father: I am going to have to go with these men to a few places to find you something to make you feel better. Wait outside until I come back sweetie, okay?

Child: Yes daddy.

Child: Ive been waiting a long time daddy?

Father: Ive been inside talking to these men. They told me to make you feel better I need to help them move some tree branches to the top of the mountain.

Child: Are we going now daddy?

Father: Yes sweetie we are going now…just go with Uncle James to the top of the mountain and I will see you there.   

Child: Are we there yet Uncle?

Uncle: Yes sweetie, we are.

Child: Are they gonna give you my medicine daddy?

Father: Yes sweetie, but I have to do one more thing, okay?

Child: But daddy…

Father: Wait baby, its just gonna take a couple of minutes until these men help me stand up high on this post so I can find your medicine

Child: Okay daddy..

Child: Are you gonna hold on to these nails so you can get the medicine daddy?

Father: Yes sweetie.

Child: Daddy?

Father: Yes baby?

Child: You have a big scratch on your hand.

Father: Yes sweetie, these nails are a little hard.

Child: Are you bleeding daddy?

Father: No sweetie It is your medicine.

Child: Okay

Father: Can you listen to me sweetie?

Child: Yes daddy

Father: “Take, drink of it…”

Child: It is really sweet daddy, It tastes really good

Father: Its all I have left to make you better

Father: Look sweetie, I have to go to sleep for a while. My friends are going to help me down and cover me up and help me go to sleep. Can you do me a favor?

Child: Yes daddy

Father: Do you see that very pretty lady over there?

Child: Yes

Father: Can you go with her until I wake up?

Child: When are you gonna come back daddy?

Father: Just three days, It wont be for long because I will miss you too much.

Child: I Will miss you too daddy

Father: I love you sweetie, more than the whole wide world!

Child: I love you too daddy!

Father: “I commend my spirit into your hands”

Child: Goodnight daddy