Feast of the Cross

Why is the Feast of the Cross in Tute 3 days? Is there any theological or ritualistic reason for 3 days?

Comments

• The Cross is the center of Redemption
  • True but why 3 days for the feast?
  • [quote author=I Believe link=topic=12404.msg145289#msg145289 date=1317167406]
    True but why 3 days for the feast?

This how the Church rite was put.

There is another feast for the cross that always comes during the lent, the three days kind of compensate for it.
  • According to Fr. Anthony Messeh it is to make sure that at least one of those days is "fitari." I'm not sure if he was joking or not, lol.
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=12404.msg145292#msg145292 date=1317170334]
    According to Fr. Anthony Messeh it is to make sure that at least one of those days is "fitari." I'm not sure if he was joking or not, lol.

This is definitely a joke
  • I wouldn't put it past him.
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

I'm just speculating here, but I think the reason that the Feast of the Cross celebrated in Tout is 3 days is because this feast commemorates the actually discovery of the Holy Cross by the righteous queen St. Helen. As such, this is the first time in history (aside from the actual crucifixion) that the the whole Cross was available. It had been lost to history and she made the effort to find it. In the case of the second Feast of the Cross celebrated in Baramhat, only a piece of the Holy Cross was returned to Emperor Heraclius from the Persians.
  • So if the Feast of the Cross falls on a Wednesday or a friday is there still fasting?? :)
  • [quote author=MarinaBassilios link=topic=12404.msg145328#msg145328 date=1317198132]
    So if the Feast of the Cross falls on a Wednesday or a friday is there still fasting?? :)

Yes.
  • Hey guys plz check out the Synixar for today the 17th of Tout it has a nice piece of info that may aid with the original question
  • Yes I just read it, it is very amazing how much power the cross has! But it doesn't really get at my question at the end it said the feast of the appearance of the cross is in baramhat which is always in fasting so they replaced it during these 3 days?
  • WHOA ANOTHER QUESTION!!! So on Basans 12 we celebrate the Appearance of the Cross in the sky above Golgotha...can this be the sign that the world is going to end? Since in Revelations it does say that the cross in the sky will be a sign of the end of days?
  • yes, the world is going to end.
    but we won't know when.
    if someone says they know when, don't listen to them!
    Jesus said 'only the Father knows'.

and if u don't hear from me for a while, it's also not the end of the world, just i have no internet in the house i'm about to move to!
    we'll get some soon inshaAllah
    ;)