devil and temptation?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
does the devil require permission to tempt us? in the book of job the devil asks permission each time before tempting job. someone i asked said he was an exeption because he was a rightous man but common folk just get tempted in diffrent ways?

Comments

• [quote author=kalsam link=topic=12397.msg145242#msg145242 date=1317064284]
    does the devil require permission to tempt us? in the book of job the devil asks permission each time before tempting job. someone i asked said he was an exeption because he was a rightous man but common folk just get tempted in diffrent ways?

The devil tempt us through God's permission  .. the devil cannot do anything out of his own.
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

Nothing in this world happens without God's permission. However, it is important to note that just because God permits something does not me He approves or condones it. God created us with free will, and thus we are accountable for all the good as well as ill that happens in this world.
  • Of course, I'm sure we know God would not want us to do something against his will and commandments; but we do have our free will which is what truly governs our actions. We know God, however, does allow certain temptations, not so we sin, but so we become humble and rely in him.