Moving to my college dorm tomorrow

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
About to start the first of my four years in "the devil's playground." Please pray that God may help keep me away from the temptations around me, keep me focused, and forgive me.

Comments

• You'll do great and be fine, George! Enjoy your first day.

Prayers of the saints be with you.
  • yeah, i almost feel sorry for satan that yet another Christian is heading out into the world with the good news of Jesus Christ, ready to proclaim, defend and share it with those he meets.
    together with the prayers of his friends, family and all the saints, there may be people heading into darkness who he disturbs and who no longer make such a mess of their lives because this fine young Christian is going to live his life as God wants, in full view of all his colleagues.
    not only that, but many Christians, young and old are rejecting temptation day after day and moving forwards out of their comfort zones into the lives and workplaces of those around them, shunning the complacent half-hearted life of isolationism and moving across cultural barriers and class barriers to show the world that Jesus is alive.

no wonder Jesus said, 'I will build My church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it'!
    :)
  • what's your school?
  • Thank you, Unworthy and Mabsoota.

[quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12207.msg143868#msg143868 date=1314656154]
    what's your school?

Rutgers, on Livingston. You're here too, aren't you?
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12207.msg143882#msg143882 date=1314673243]
    Thank you, Unworthy and Mabsoota.

what's your school?

yeah. lived on livi for the last 4 yrs. this year i am on busch in davidson....really close to the church. make sure you go to COF meetings and events(cof.rutgers.edu). also the church is right there on busch...weekly liturgies and meetings.
  • Mina is everywhere.  He is "omnipresent".

St. Moses and St. Abraam (at the Rutgers, aka, Rutgirls campus) is served by Fr. Markos Abdelsayed, who incidentally, is a close friend of CIA.  He learned under the tutelage of CIA.  He is a very nice priest, very loving, very understanding, very fatherly.

Jimmy,  I suggest that you stay away from Minagir.  He is too funny for his own good. (just kidding)
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=12207.msg143892#msg143892 date=1314703870]
    Mina is everywhere.  He is "omnipresent".
    wow

St. Moses and St. Abraam (at the Rutgers, aka, Rutgirls campus)

acutialy it's on the Science campus in rutgers (Busch). the church used to be an Episcopal church (Saint Michael Chapel).

is served by Fr. Markos Abdelsayed, who incidentally, is a close friend of CIA.  He learned under the tutelage of CIA.  He is a very nice priest, very loving, very understanding, very fatherly.

Fr.Markos Elkomos Abdel-masseh.....and he is that nice. I actually had the blessing of praying with him in the first liturgy he prayed when he came to the states with the seraphim chorus--just beautiful.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12207.msg143883#msg143883 date=1314673460]
    [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12207.msg143882#msg143882 date=1314673243]
    Thank you, Unworthy and Mabsoota.

what's your school?

yeah. lived on livi for the last 4 yrs. this year i am on busch in davidson....really close to the church. make sure you go to COF meetings and events(cof.rutgers.edu). also the church is right there on busch...weekly liturgies and meetings.

\
    People keep telling me about that church but I was kind of wandering around Busch and I have no idea where it is, or how to get there.
    I was on the COF mailing list for a while, and then I just stopped getting their emails one day and when I try to subscribe I get an error saying that I didn't put in a valid email address.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12207.msg144186#msg144186 date=1315068379]
    People keep telling me about that church but I was kind of wandering around Busch and I have no idea where it is, or how to get there.
    I was on the COF mailing list for a while, and then I just stopped getting their emails one day and when I try to subscribe I get an error saying that I didn't put in a valid email address.

the administration building on busch has a huge parking lot on it left if you are looking at it's main door. at the end of the parking lot going towards the bridge to livi. if you are driving, drive towards livi from busch....instead of going on the bridge, take right right before it and you'll see a church building. I think the Archangel Michael" sign is still there.
  • I don't have a car there...can I get there by walking?
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=12207.msg144224#msg144224 date=1315198732]
    I don't have a car there...can I get there by walking?

yeah.....it's not far.
  • Pray for my brother too, he just moved in a dorm last saturday  :o