why are parents so over protective?

Comments

• MarMar its not just in holland, i live in jersey and my parents r strict! not in the sence where i cant breathe, but they're strict if a guy says hi to me while walking down the street my mom is gonna want a whole bio on this guy from the second he was born to the present time....lolx...but yea just deal with it, we cant change em :-\

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • hello everyone my name is laura i am new here... well i think that our parents are especially overprotective because of our religion... because they haven't lived here when they were children, so they don't know what its like, and they see everything that's going on in the world on tv and on the radio, and they automatically assume that something bad is going to happen to us... :-\ but its for the best, i guess...
  • but its jsut sio annoying wen every little thing u ask is refused becasue :i trust u just not the other people out there".... i hate it wen they say that it really makes me burstt
  • O wow, I'm not the only one that gets that line....egy parents r ALL the same...thats scary... :-X

• WOWW....yeaaaaa they r .. altho soem are a little more leniant... and yes guys have it WAYYYY easier than we do!
  • Not all of them, some girls are pretty much free to do what they please.

sleepy
  • but how often si that?.. ina coptic community.. like egyptians?... its usually more often than not wen the parents are strict as heck
  • Well when they give a girl too much freedom, sometimes the girl uses it for a bad way, it's not always good to be so called "free".

sleepy
  • all the strict parents tha i kno have no problem wit their girls goin to youth meetings, retreats, etc. so all the parents tha have a problem wit it, in my view, are extreme n rare
  • im not saying "free"...theres limits to wat is allowed and rules and stuff but they cant totally restrict us from EVERYTHINg.. i feel like i live in a jail cell.. and wat bothers me most is the only time they say no is when they know theres gonna be a lot of older guys there... and that stupid excuse "its not u i dont trust its them"... i hate it.. they knwo them all and thats not even it.. theyre "scared of what others will say" regardless of whether theyll admit that or not i knwo its hwta they mean... we're in a small church and everybody finds otu everythgin about everyone.. and u know how egyptians are... omg "bla bla" and "bla bla" were seen talking the toher day! shame on them! its really blown out fo proportion sometimes... they make the biggest deals out fo the stupdest things!!!! ARGHHHHH i hate ittttttt
  • I kno exactly what u mean, this guy said hi to me and my moms friend went and told her that i was hanging around guys in church ::), i find that so funny tho...but neways u just gotta learn 2 ignore wut ppl say, i never care wut ppl say about me :-\ just because i learned that people r never going to stop talking about u and its not bad its just life u kno? I feel u tho...but u kno its not true so dont let it bother u... so just smile! ;D

• it doesnt bother me! its just my parents keep soo many limits on me for that one reason..tyheyre all like.. uve got such a good rep inchruch dont ruin it!! and im lieki dont care wat others think of me and theyre liek but we do... so if it invloves guys... NO!!!...its soo annoyinggg
  • uugghhh parents, acually egys! wut r u gonna do, u cant hate em and u cant argue with em cuz then they dont buy u stuff, lolx :-X
    I guess the only thing u can do is earn their trust as much as u can and wen they c that u've fully matured then i guess they wont be as strict as they r now...and wen our parents c us bugging them 4 sumthing they're just gonna say no and when they see that it has completely gone out of our heads, lyk u just gave up or dont care nemore then they'll b lyk ok u can go now....so u just have to work with them and around the problem...

• [quote author=Magnoona4lyf link=board=1;threadid=571;start=45#msg11319 date=1094875916]
    egys!

wow is that wat u guys call Egyptians in america!!!
    we call them "gypo" plural "gypos"
    how do u pronouce that "egys"
    sounds wierd!!
    pfffffffffffffffffft americanz

oi did any1 else see that stuff on the newz bout egypt hating america and Assuma bin ladden!!!
    the media is sooo cruel, they only asked islamic Egys and they all said they hated america, and the were glad about wats goin on!! they didnt take the christian point ofview!!
    i dislike the media, do anything to get a story!!!!!!!!
  • o wow, i thought that said gyros @ first i was lyk y do u name them after a wrap? lolx...but u kno i'm slow so i'm aloud...but about the america/bin laden stuff, wut was the purpose of asking questions about america/bin laden....and how could they support terrorism and then argue that islam is a religion of peace? ???

And i agree with u on the media thing cuz they really would do anything to get a story which is rarely appreciated because usually they make an ocean out of a drop of rain...

• also, many of the terrorists were Egyptian, yay for us. they give us egyptians such a bad name since so many ppl think tha since ur from egypt, ur automatically muslim...
  • back on topic please.... ;D
  • i just want to mention that not all parents r the same.
  • i guess the best way to stop gossiping is by not taking a part in it which u said u dont so thats awesome and if someone tries to gossip with u just tell them that u dont gossip about ppl and they shouldnt either, most likely they'll be ashamed of themselves and hopefully stop...

• i think adults do it more than kids
  • I"m not going to argue that point because at some point or another i know it's true but to be honest wut can we do? U cant go up to some lady and say "tant stop talking about ppl behind their backs", so the most i think we can do is pray. We all gossip at one point or another u kno? so we're not quite the angels we imagine ourselves to be sometimes (me neways) so i know how hard it is to resist gossip but when ur dealing with ppl much older than u i dont think we should interfere because ur gonna get yelled at and ppl r gonna start calling u aleelit adab, lolx...just pray and hope in God that they'd stop... :-\

• I think gossiping somewhere comes from arrogance, and trying to look good in front of people. I mean lets face it, how easy is it to talk about others to make urself look good, and how many times when u dont find a subject to talk about, u just talk about others, Magnoona4lyf is right, we probably all do it, or did it before, and the only thing that can prevent this is to take away the reason why u do it....lol, find something else to talk about and pray that u may be filled with love for others, that u wouldn't want to hurt people by talking about them...
  • Thats acually an awesome idea, if and when u see people gossiping u can just join in and CHANGE the subject :D, u kno if they're talking about someones hair or clothes, change it around to ur hair and ur clothes u kno? EX. If someone says look at her can u believe she's wearing that or look at him could u believe he came into church looking lyk that (which is so mean no1 ever say that, lolx) then change the subject by saying guys look @ wut i'm wearing do u think it matches, is it big, is it tite, is it this or that and sooner or later the subject will change and u would have stopped ur friends and urself from getting sucked into such a sinful conversation...so good job Hos Irof, that was an awesome way to go!

• sank u, but it's difficult in reality, but if u can make it work than that's good. And btw, whats ur experience with non egyptians and gossip, caus i actually don't think egyptians are worse than any other people, all people gossip rite? ::)
  • Oooyyy, i have many non-egy friends and to be honest they dont gossip as much as they judge...lyk the people i know they dont really talk about each other, we're all somewhat direct. But they do judge....a lot and no matter how much u try and end the convo no1 seems to be listening 2 u, ionno about ne1 else but when and if i realize that my friends and I r starting 2 kinda judge or gossip i try to stop it but its lyk ur standing in a great precipice shouting lyk crazy and no one is even listening so i guess i dont have much of an experience with non-egys who dont gossip, but i sure have one with those who judge.....and i guess i just proved "but it's difficult in reality, but if u can make it work than that's good" wut u said...i guess gossip is a bigger issue than i thought...sorry guys :(

• hey thanks guys i think i learned from this you know what i learned always ask lol no really i lerned parents are over protective because they love you
  • The first reason that parents are over protective they love and care for us. They don't want anything bad to happen to us, they want us to be good and respected by others as much as possible. The reason why parents are more protective of girls than guys is because the girl is considered the weaker gender. Also if anything bad happens to any one of us, it is automatically the parents responsibility. So give the parents a break, I know its not fair because of the gender issue, the parents are pump full of bad news about america. So their response is to be very over protective, so they can not blame themselves as much if something bad happens.
  • parents r poo, egyptian culture is poo, they r overprotective cuz of gossipping and their own upbringing.

poo poo poo, all is pooooooooooooo!

mina.
  • the parents are pump full of bad news about america. So their response is to be very over protective

Let's blame America for all our problems...is that right?...lol

poo poo poo, all is pooooooooooooo!

mina.

;D ;D ;D

You crack me up Mina!Your very funny!But remember though, we should show respect to our parents and elders...even when their wrong on many issues.Sometimes were the ones who are wrong...lol
  • No i just meant that the news channels always focus on the crimes that have been commited. So parent are reminded of this daily. This is what leads to over protection.