i am going to be honest

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
atleast people in islam are not as cold as some coptics i have met yea i am proud to be coptic but now i am thinking twice cause people go to church and as if they drip oil they act as if they are of no sin and they judge

now do not tell me we go to church for god yea we do but we are human and when we are being judged it hurts us and affects us

also no matter what i have done for any coptic person i have giving them my heart in the end it was all so they can get what they want

just my honest opinion

if i made anyone unhappy sorry but i am realating to what i have felt in my own life

jesus preaches love but no matter how much love you give anyone its never enough and eventually they will hurt you

Comments

• Why do you constantly concern yourself with others? Why do you care about how others view you, or what others think of you? Why do you so desperately need the approval of other people?
    Man up...it's a horrible thing to let your own happiness depend on someone else or some other thing, besides your relationship with God. Find confidence in yourself, learn to be happy, even if the whole world forsakes you.........

Please, don't let your humanity be your excuse or way out of this hardship. Endure it, and become stronger. Regardless of how weak you think you are, or how hurt this is making you, think of it rationally. What would you have gained if these people DID like you? Could they have changed your personality, your attitude, your entity? Why not, instead of asking others to accept you, reassure yourself in your Faith and in the man you are?!? Why not pray for these people who hate you, and be the bigger man? Why not be HAPPY that  you are being tested like this!?!? "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"- Matthew 5:10. Do you not believe in God's grace? He made you that promise, he will go through on it.

"He who knows himself knows his Lord"
  • may i ask: are you a christian for YOURSELF or for others?!
  • Is this because of that girl? Dude, there are like three billion girls out there, go and marry one, a better one that is just for you in God's plan.
    Cmon man, life isn't fair, deal with it as I have.
    Seriously, I've gone through worse than you.
  • All things work for good for those who love God, we neither know what's best for us nor know the future but we trust God knows all these and with His wisdom will decide in our favor.

Psalm 145
    14 The LORD upholds all who fall,
            And raises up all who are bowed down.

15 The eyes of all look expectantly to You,
            And You give them their food in due season.
    16 You open Your hand
            And satisfy the desire of every living thing.
    17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways,
            Gracious in all His works.
    18 The LORD is near to all who call upon Him,
            To all who call upon Him in truth.

When we let the Lord guide our lives we have confidence and He removes our fears.

GBU
  • Any christian must learn dissociate the people of the Church from the Church. If you don't like Copts that should have no impact on your belief; I've had many conflicts with fellow Copts but I've never allowed that to impact my Coptic faith in any way. By your logic the Jews should've left their faith because of the Pharisees and their hypocrisy. Some of the greatest saints completely left society to isolate themselves with God. You should stand proud that despite all these events and unwarmth from the community you have stood pat and asserted your faith as being beyond what any human or group of human can ever give you. If not then you need to reconsider your goal in your faith; if your goal is acceptance in the Coptic community then I'm afraid you're steering in the wrong path. If the world rejected Jesus then you shouldn't expect anything better. God bless you
  • I think I understand where you are coming from. I had a really horrible experience with some people from church (coptic) when I was quite young and it really hurt and shocked me.

I'm not saying all of the congregation is bad or anything. And you can't help it, you have to 'communicate' with the people because you can't really avoid them. It can be irritating sometimes.

What I did was not particularly right, but it helped me somehow avoid the same experience from repeating itself. I stopped going to church. yes, I completely stopped for a while.

Do you know how that affected me?
    at the start..it just helped my anger to cool off. Then without me noticing, I stopped praying etc..
    Then I began to feel guilty and realise I haven't had communion for ages.

Right now I'm still not perfect of course. I moved cities and I just go to mass sometimes and don't know anybody there so nobody even says hi.

This is not making me happy. But then again, nothing was before.

I don't know whether this helps, but I just thought I'd let you know my experience and let you decide what to do.

• Jesus Christ didn't say suffering is easy and a lot of the time the suffering comes first anyway, before the joyful victory. That is why love is brave.

• If we look for sympathy in our suffering that is not brave as well so it isn't really love. We would just be trying to get others on our side. If Jesus Christ has chosen any of us to follow him we often go through a period of suffering.

• Why don't you become a Deacon? Maybe people would see you differently and you would be closer to God as well.
  • bigeee why are you so down?i read your posts before i made a acount on this forum its hard losing someone but hope is not lost i had a recent problem not exactly the same i can help out.and you were muslim that deserves alot of respect you stood up for what is right