Relationship with Church

Nofri!
If I become Catholic, what relationship should I then have with the Coptic Orthodox Church?

Comments

• I am not sure what your question entails, can you please elaborate?
  • [quote author=henrik.hank link=topic=12047.msg143000#msg143000 date=1313065518]
    Nofri!
    If I become Catholic, what relationship should I then have with the Coptic Orthodox Church?

You are not obligated to have a relationship with the church since you have left the Coptic church.
  • I don't think Henrik Hank has ever been a member of the Coptic church to begin with.

You are asking about what the relationship between the Catholics and the Coptic church is, right Henrik Hank? If so, Geomike is right: You won't really have any relationship with the Coptic church if you're a Catholic. The two aren't in communion, and have many differences in faith and practice. There is no real relationship between the two, beyond maybe some nice feelings between individual laypeople or others (none of which amount to any shared faith or communion).
  • Well, I love the Coptic Orthodox Church very much and met some very good people there and one Priest that I like very much. A cool Priest with long beard who really know his religion. I really like how Copts take their religion so serious. It would be sad to just leave the Church and these wonderful people. Yes, I have never been Coptic Orhodox but I feel so conected with this church in my heart even though I will become Roman Catholic since I am into Roman Catholic Spirituality. What should I do?
  • [quote author=henrik.hank link=topic=12047.msg143163#msg143163 date=1313355450]
    Well, I love the Coptic Orthodox Church very much and met some very good people there and one Priest that I like very much. A cool Priest with long beard who really know his religion. I really like how Copts take their religion so serious. It would be sad to just leave the Church and these wonderful people. Yes, I have never been Coptic Orhodox but I feel so conected with this church in my heart even though I will become Roman Catholic since I am into Roman Catholic Spirituality. What should I do?

Pray deeply about it and when God responds do not hesitate to obey.  :)
  • If the people in the church are rude and inconsiderate, then why not leave the church for a bit then return when things cool down?  It will be better than living than in misery!  >:(