The Christmas must be 29 Kiahk, why is it 28 this year?

7 january came on the 29th of Kiahk, but this year is coming on the 8th of january, so why aren't we celebrating the 8th ?? i think in egypt the official holiday is according to Xmas time like their feasts which changes every year ??

Comments

• in the rules and rites of the Church, if kiahk 29 becomes to be on January 8, than January 7 and 8 is considered the feast. The eve of January 7th (the 6th at night) is when the liturgy is done. if there would be liturgy on the 8th, the liturgy is done EXACTLY like the feast liturgy (exactly the same with all readings and hymns).
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11769.msg140716#msg140716 date=1309636513]
    in the rules and rites of the Church, if kiahk 29 becomes to be on January 8, than January 7 and 8 is considered the feast. The eve of January 7th (the 6th at night) is when the liturgy is done. if there would be liturgy on the 8th, the liturgy is done EXACTLY like the feast liturgy (exactly the same with all readings and hymns).

True but I think all the churches, including HH, do it on the Eve of January 6 to avoid confusion.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11769.msg141116#msg141116 date=1310189971]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11769.msg140716#msg140716 date=1309636513]
    in the rules and rites of the Church, if kiahk 29 becomes to be on January 8, than January 7 and 8 is considered the feast. The eve of January 7th (the 6th at night) is when the liturgy is done. if there would be liturgy on the 8th, the liturgy is done EXACTLY like the feast liturgy (exactly the same with all readings and hymns).

True but I think all the churches, including HH, do it on the Eve of January 6 to avoid confusion.

i wasn't saying "an opinion" in what i said before......those are really the rules of the church from many many yrs ago......
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

[quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11769.msg140716#msg140716 date=1309636513]

Do you have a reference for this? It seems a little odd.
  • The 7th of January is what the Church goes by for political reasons. That is why the nativity feast could be celebrated either on the 28th or the 29th of Kiahk.

These rules are explained in various ritual books like khedmat Al Shammas, Khoulagy katamaras, ...
  • to add to what imikhail said, go to the arabic katameros and one of the pages has info about readings that make you NOT repeat the readings of the fifth week....what i said is included there.