Weird 'song': Coptic Paradise

edited June 2011 in Random Issues
Hey guys,

I am not sure how to bring this, but I just want u to see this video rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkRK3q53qfc

What's your opinion on this? Honestly, I find it disgusting and disrespectful to our church. If you click down the video
at "show more" you will see the lyrics.  ???

I just don't understand, how could coptic ppl write something like this? Why are they so negative towards the church?
This is visible for a million people and it could give the COC a bad image, although, it's mostly based on personal views.
And the weirdest thing is that there are people who think that this video is 'beautiful" ..

Sorry if I offended anyone, i just needed to get it out of my system.

Gb

Comments

• Are you Marmoura? Nice comment, I thumbs uped it. I agree, the 'jokes' went a bit too far for this song.
  • Please put up a "Puke Warning" next time you post a video like this, Marmar. I'm wearing my nice shirt today.

Thank you.
  • MarMar,

Why are you surprised?

This is the going trend.

• What made me evn more mad other than the dirty stupid lyrics are the comments on it. They led other people astray and one person said that he went as far as making it his ringbone.

PLEASE EVERYBODY FLAG THIS VIDEO AS INAPROPRIte so that YouTube takes it off
  • So then, what do you guys think of something like this?

For anyone who doesn't get the Panda reference:

• + Irini nem ehmot,

Oh my GOD! Those Panda commercials cracked me up!  :D
  • I almost died laughing the first time I saw them.
  • Yeah, saw the Panda comemrcials when they actually came out :P. The fasting trailor is okay, it's not offensive, it has no references that negate to what actually happens and it displays struggle to fast, as well as humerises some aspects to a controlled extent,  I see no troubles, and trust me, I've done study on this stuff. The first link Marmoura gave was over the limit though.

That song is another example of a song reaching the limit, but is in boundaries. There are no offensive matters there, except the fact that they use "Tonia" instead of "Man" and the initial commercial is about 'women craving men with old spice'. However, they make no references to it, they present clearly and use humour to promote tonia cleanliness including the regular ironing of your tonia. There are no offensive remarks, except the part where he is in the Qorban room, isn't it not alloud to be talking like that in there? Also in the church, he seems to pick up a rather loud and inappropriate tone for the situation (area). Still within limits, but rapidly approaching them.

I think these videos that some Copts consider inappropriate are due to misguidance and insufficient education from our church members. We need those who are educated in the faith to teach others or the faith will not last very long, that's why Sunday school was invented, but to my surprise many churches are cutting sunday school services short due to the children not wanting it. This could be because of several reasons but the main one should be the continued exposure to western culture. We need good examples for the kids. I was very lucky to have great examples growing up and it does indeed help. Western influence is inevitable and kids don't go to church every day like in school, so there must be parental guidance. The problem is that parents are new to technology and don't know the full intent of the powers todays technology holds. If we need to educate the kids we must make sure parents know, so parenting education is a great service for churches. In fact, my church has that and it's doing well as I love the children in the church dearly as they are appropriate, within limits and act according to the correct methods of living.

And then when our Coptic children are well-educated and know the right  and religious ways of living life, they should be able to make their own choices. If parents just impose what they want on their kids and don't give them any choice (and they must be tolerant of the choice), then the kids will learn that they are free outside of home and they can do whatever they want (which is bad). It is wise to induldge the children in our faith then ask them before leaving Sunday school (final year) if they want to stay Coptic Christians, give them the choice. We're all born Coptic, let's face it, and our parents would kill us if we even thought of converting elsewhere. But that's the problem, we should have a choice, a religion and belief that is loving is a welcoming and fruitful religion. I've been noticing one of our members who converted to our religion had troubles and this is really sad to think that we would do that. No doubt, there will be more and even worse videos or music than the above shown by Marmoura, but all we really can do is try to prevent it coming from our own churches. I'm not wise at all, and I may be all wrong, but I thought I'd say my points as I'm studying this. Forgive me

My two cents.

• marmar
    u r right this is insulting to our church and it is also unbelievable how many ppl like it.
  • [quote author=christiangirl link=topic=11752.msg142605#msg142605 date=1312582587]
    marmar
    u r right this is insulting to our church and it is also unbelievable how many ppl like it.

What a sweet deal! Look Christiangirl, it is not good to concern ourselves with others. You don't enjoy life like that. Many times I have come accross people's cases where they are frustrated and troubled by past events and issues with people. Plus, this is optional, they chose it on themselves, let us not worry about these things but enjoy our lives, praising God with a goal for OURSELVES and those who accept to come with us.
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=11752.msg142610#msg142610 date=1312584115]
    [quote author=christiangirl link=topic=11752.msg142605#msg142605 date=1312582587]
    marmar

What a sweet deal! Look Christiangirl, it is not good to concern ourselves with others. You don't enjoy life like that. Many times I have come accross people's cases where they are frustrated and troubled by past events and issues with people. Plus, this is optional, they chose it on themselves, let us not worry about these things but enjoy our lives, praising God with a goal for OURSELVES and those who accept to come with us.

Khas, whoever gave you this advice is sadly mistaken. What you basically said was don't worry when somebody does something bad, just watch and enjoy. Even the non-Christian people know that this is morally WRONG. Don't give people on these forums who are trying to build their spiritual life this horrible information. And you also, shouldn't do this. I personally can't stand the people who just watch and laugh when something bad happens.
  • This brings up a good point, is this really a big deal? I know, for sure, this can be seen as offensive, but is such anger really right? We all sin and fall short of the glory in God, in more ways than one, this video may be someone else's sin. Sure, we should help our brothers in their journey, but should we not just confront them one on one? ""If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over." Matthew 18:15
    Send him a message, there is no need for a whole tnd hread about it. People sin everyday in similar fashions, should we be upset over every single video?
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

I have to agree. People are overreacting. The only crime this 'music video' is guilty of is sucking. A bunch of no-talent hacks got together and decided to parody Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise (a GREAT song I might add) and parodied it poorly. Meh, whatever, move on. Egyptians are typically quite talented (see the Panda commercials for evidence, a better version of the Bruins commercial (which also sucks)), but this is not the case here.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=11752.msg142615#msg142615 date=1312594185]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

I have to agree. People are overreacting. The only crime this 'music video' is guilty of is sucking. A bunch of no-talent hacks got together and decided to parody Weird Al's Amish Paradise (a GREAT song I might add) and parodied it poorly. Meh, whatever, move on. Egyptians are typically quite talented (see the Panda commercials for evidence, a better version of the Bruins commercial (which also sucks)), but this is not the case here.

• + Irini nem ehmot,

No. I meant Coolio's Gangster's Paradise.
  • Dude, read over your posts before you post them. Those last two had some bad typos.
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

What? Are you trying to be funny?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=11752.msg142647#msg142647 date=1312644880]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

What? Are you trying to be funny?

Eh, it was a joke. Anyway, Weird Al's version is my favorite.