What do you say?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
In the name of the Holy Trinity

...when someone says the  Lords name in vain and uses Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ name in a joke?

I really hate that, but idk what to say when people do it, esp atheists??

advise quick pls!!

May God Bless

Comments

• Don't say anything :)

Everyone sins. It's not our job to judge, so just leave it to God. ;)
  • Well, TITL, you are right in a way. I believe that i read somewhere in the gospels (i think Matthew) that we should take them aside privately and tell them what they are doing. Then after that we leave it to God after we have done our part of informing.

I get what you are saying though TITL because some people inform others by telling them that what they do is wrong and they have a feeling in their heart that they are better than the other because of it. We simply out of love for the other must inform them.
  • I think the gospel was referring to our "brethern" aka other Christians. We should correct each other, but it's (excuse me) useless correcting nonbelievers. You're better off giving orders to a rock. 
  • The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the Lord's name used in vain, is the first part of the Jesus Prayer. "O my Lord, God and Saviour Jesus Christ have mercy.." Its results are effective because you ask God to have mercy and you use God's name in glory.

I once heard a story from a sunday school servant at church: There was once a person at work, and a colleague used to always use God's name in vain, the person used to always do the the sign of the Cross on themself and say something along the lines of "Glory be to Your name".
  • Let the lord be the Judge
    We can always correct each other but sometimes needless to say it is a waste of time for those who are hardheaded out there . Forgive me if i offended anyone in anyway

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=11412.msg138396#msg138396 date=1306100724]
    Let the lord be the Judge
    We can always correct each other but sometimes needless to say it is a waste of time for those who are hardheaded out there . Forgive me if i offended anyone in anyway

+mahraeel+
    u have to at least try!
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=11412.msg137811#msg137811 date=1305253812]
    I think the gospel was referring to our "brethern" aka other Christians. We should correct each other, but it's (excuse me) useless correcting nonbelievers. You're better off giving orders to a rock. 
    if u tell someone they might give u the Emprision that u didnt affect them, but that will alwase be in the back of there heads! :)