Regarding may 21 2011

13»

Comments

• He is referring to the Abomination that causes desolation in Daniel and Revelation 11, 12.

Daniel 7:25: "He [the Man of lawlessness] will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time."

Daniel 12:7: "The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”

Revelation 12:14: "The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach."

It is widely know that the phrase a time, times and half a time, or x+2x+1/2x is reference to 3 1/2 years. If a time=year, then year+2 years+1/2year=3 1/2 years. 3 1/2 years is equal to 42 months or 1260 days.

In Daniel 7, the Anti-Christ had power over the people of God for 3 1/2 years. In Daniel 12, Archangel Gabriel raised his hands to heaven and swore that the end of the Abomination will be 3 1/2 years. In Rev 11, the two witnesses, many believe they are Elijah and Enoch, will come to earth for 3 1/2 years until the Antichrist kills them and the evil people of the world will gloat over them for 3 1/2 days and then they are resurrected from the dead and go up to heaven in a cloud. This reinforces what St Paul said in 2 Thes 4 that the dead will rise up first and meet the Lord in the clouds. And after the 2 witnesses go to heaven, an earthquake killed a tenth of the earth.

So your servant prep teacher was referring to Daniel 7. The Anti-christ will have power of the people. And as a spiritual meditation, he said one should use that time to repent before the destruction and suffering comes.

I hope that helps.
    George
  • The life chanched during the last years and i have pity about young people who isn't interesting about the history of the world.
    And i think that russian people very very happy cos they have experience of Apocalipsis that took place in this country in 1917.
  • 15 days to go.  Looking forward.
  • This is the funniest and smartest rebuttal of May 21, 2011 that I ever read. Check it out here.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=10738.msg137837#msg137837 date=1305308167]
    This is the funniest and smartest rebuttal of May 21, 2011 that I ever read. Check it out here.

hahaha.....
  • 8 days to go.
  • I love that article. That was so smart.
  • And we are still alive.. LOL.
  • hahahahah... we sure are still alive...
  • I've got to say, this is the LEAST exciting rapture I've ever been involved in! I did dishes and laundry today! Doesn't that seem wrong, for the last day on earth and all?

Wait a minute...

:-\

...did I somehow mess up the rapture for everyone by not leaving everything behind? Sorry, I'm never quite sure how these things go...it would be easier to know what to do if there wasn't a new end of the world scheduled for every other year.

In all seriousness (as serious as is possible to be about fundamentalist wackos), the guy and group behind all this stuff is based not far from me, in Oakland CA, so there are all kinds of billboards up for it, and there have been stories on the news about followers of this guy who tried to do horrible things like kill their pets so that the pets wouldn't be "left behind" or whatever, and the local police had to get involved...it's actually not very funny at all. Kind of sad and disturbing.

I'm glad to be alive, and to see that Tasbeha still lives! Heck, even the spammers...though they probably would've survived the rapture anyhow...  ;)
  • All the billboard advertisements are down in my city. They must have removed them at 6:01 PM last night (out of embarrassment).

Now we have December 12, 2012 to look forward to! ;)
  • I know exactly when earth will be destroyed. It will be destroyed about 5 billion years from now, guaranteed. Now everyone has a date to look forward to :P
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=10738.msg138410#msg138410 date=1306115683]
    I know exactly when earth will be destroyed. It will be destroyed about 5 billion years from now, guaranteed. Now everyone has a date to look forward to :P

LOL you don't know that... ;)
  • I am glad we can laugh about people being silly enough to think that they could actually predict the end. But let us (me first of all) be ready and not take the matter so lightly. If anything, we should realize that although we cannot predict the end, we can also never absolutely disregard that it will come tomorrow or the day after, or even Dec. 12,2012.

We should recall the words of our Lord - "And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!” (Mark 13:37)
  • I beg to disagree with everyone.  I was one of the raptured.  I am no longer a cyberspace phenomenon, but a heavenly phenomenon.

It's nice being up here.
    I'm hanging out with St. Mark.
  • I knew there was tasbeha.org in heaven!!
  • You guys are so lol. That guy who made up this rubbish must feel really embarrassed right now.
  • Nah, he said God, out of His mercy and compassion for mankind, wanted to wait a bit longer so more people are saved.

He must get his information on Mount Sinai.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=10738.msg138431#msg138431 date=1306160200]
    You guys are so lol. That guy who made up this rubbish must feel really embarrassed right now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110523/ts_yblog_thelookout/doomsday-prophet-followers-flabbergasted-world-didnt-end
  • What gets me is that he "decyphered" the bible (the cliche leather bound KJV no doubt) and found a date.

I, on the other hand, with my somewhat lacking decyphering skills have discovered something too..."You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." (Lk 12:39)

Boom. How did Pastor Camping not notice that one whilst decyphering?
    The answer was right in front of him the whole time!
  • The Bible wasn't written in English.
    It was deciphered in English relative to his own schizophrenic dissociations.
    God only speaks in English.