Pray for me

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Pray for me my friends as I feel disconnected from the world. I am consumed by false thoughts and feel very alone, and can not focus on my schoolwork/social life/ being happy. Pray for me please!

Comments

• may God have mercy. read/pray the agpeya, it's great when you are down.
  • I know exactly what you are experiencing. It can be really difficult to get out of that state. For me it took an experience to wake me up. I'll pray for you; don't ever neglect in praying about this yourself, even if you don't feel any connection while doing so. He can help you to be able to pray with all of your heart if you just ask Him.
  • liftmyheart,

May God be with you.  Pray for me as well...going through the same thing as you at the moment...
  • Thank you guys, keep me in your prayers. I will pray for all of you, as well!
  • This is not necessarily directed to you liftmyheart, but to all who ask for prayers.

The following quotation is from St. Anthony (#16) found in the Selections from the Sayings of the Desert Fathers

A brother said to Abba Anthony, 'Pray for me.' The old man said to him, 'I will have no mercy upon you, nor will God have any, if you yourself do not make an effort and if you do not pray to God.'

Just thought I would share; it is such a powerful saying.
  • Please my brothers, pray for me now more than ever, I really need it. I need to find confidence and security within the Lord; I feel so worthless.