LOVE

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
:'(I have a girlfriend is that right or wrong (vote)

Comments

• Well i dont think the bible says anything about it. but it seriously can lead to temptation so i think it is bad
  • The bible doesn't say u cant have a girlfriend, but the bible does say:

Matthew 5:28 - But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

i suppose, that when u have a girlfriend at a young age, u do more than just looking at her lustfully. Even if u don't do anything, what makes her different than any other friends u have. A girlfriend as was said before, is only right at a time of maturity (spiritually, emotionally, financially etc). I suggest u take a look at the following threads as this was discussed more than once before. ;)

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=22

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=563;start=msg9313#msg9313";

i'm sure there's even more threads bout this, but i couldn't find more

hope htis helped

in Christ

matt
  • i think its only bad if you dont get married.. cuz why would anyone wana go through a relationship and then end up hurting.. and heartbroken? that sounds so unpleasant :(

i think you should be friends but with limits.. liek keep a distance...
    its a gift to love someone.. dont abuse it and dont hide it.. liek dont do stuff that you think God will not like u to do..

but its such a wonderful thing to love someone.. just make sure you do your own activities as well like dont let this one person take you away from your own world (liek goals and school stuff).. even if you love or like her alot..

keep it innocent

GB
  • read this and think to urself if this is tru in ur relationship, if you fall under none of the bad categories then by all means luv her, but if not then escape sin before it builds, read 1corinthians chapter 13