Should I take communion on Maundy Thursday or not?

edited April 2011 in Faith Issues
Hi,

I have a question.

I have confessed last week, but i have still committed the same sin after that day, and that on Palm Sunday when i took communion! :S
I would like to take Communion next Thursday, for it's the most important Liturgy of the year, but I am not able to go to the church and confess my sin before Thursday and the Liturgy is very early :(

Also, i feel very guilty to ruin this Holy Week, by committing a sin which i struggle with a lot, especially, Jesus strengthened me the whole period I fasted, and now, when we are finally in the Holiest Week, I fall!

What should I do to be clean from my sin and still be able to take the Holy Communion??

Comments

• My beloved, the righteous is the one that FALLS, and GETS UP!

so do not ruin Holy Week, but continue going to the pascha, right after the pascha, grab abouna, and tell him I need you for 5 minutes... and just tell him that sin, or get an absolution, so that you would commune, until you tell him the sin in your next confession.

if all fails, go to church on Thursday, and in one of the readings, grab abouna and tell him...

if you tried all of the above whole heartedly and all failed, blessed are you for seeking an absolution and being so persistent, God will not turn you away, go and commune...

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka.
  • [quote author=*Who am I... of Jesus* link=topic=11278.msg136219#msg136219 date=1303134670]
    Hi,

I have a question.

I have confessed last week, but i have still committed the same sin after that day, and that on Palm Sunday when i took communion! :S
    I would like to take Communion next Thursday, for it's the most important Liturgy of the year, but I am not able to go to the church and confess my sin before Thursday and the Liturgy is very early :(

Also, i feel very guilty to ruin this Holy Week, by committing a sin which i struggle with a lot, especially, Jesus strengthened me the whole period I fasted, and now, when we are finally in the Holiest Week, I fall!

What should I do to be clean from my sin and still be able to take the Holy Communion??

Peter denied Jesus three times, the right hand thief certainly sinned during the week of the Lord's passion, and we all sin - willingly or unwillingly everyday.

But Christ is faithful to accept the repentant heart. Communion is for the remission of sins - do not miss the opportunity.