Splitting Liturgies into Parts

edited December 1969 in Technical Topics
Can anyone split these liturgies into different files/parts so it isn't one whole liturgy on one file? It gets annying when listening to my iPod because I like to skip and listen to different parts. Thanks!

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Divine_Liturgies/HG_Bishop_Moussa_and_HG_Bishop_Raphaeel,_Liturgy_of_St._Basil.html
http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Divine_Liturgies/HG_Bishop_Apakir,_Liturgy_of_St._Basil.html (with Ibrahim Ayad)

Suggestion: For the future, can you please upload the liturgies in parts instead of one huge file? Thanks!

Comments

• You can split them using iMovie (for mac) or Windows movie make. 
  • Or you could go to paint.exe, draw a knife, then save it as a jpg, then gently drag over the files you wish to split. Lo, or you can download Audacity. Sorry I couldn't provide a link as I am on my itouch, but if u type the name in at download.com I believe there is a free version.
  • I have followed your instructions and have drawn a knife, but I am not sure how to drag it over the movie file to split it in half. Can you provide some more detailed instructions? Many thanks for the idea.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10417.msg134799#msg134799 date=1301552643]
    I have followed your instructions and have drawn a knife, but I am not sure how to drag it over the movie file to split it in half. Can you provide some more detailed instructions? Many thanks for the idea.

Father Peter

i recommend Sound Forge with any version of it......it not a cheap program....but if you can get your hand on it, it's awesome. we use it to record, edit, equalize, reverb and it has a couple of good tricks to divide files into parts.
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10417.msg134799#msg134799 date=1301552643]
    I have followed your instructions and have drawn a knife, but I am not sure how to drag it over the movie file to split it in half. Can you provide some more detailed instructions? Many thanks for the idea.

Father Peter

I was kidding abouna, it won't work. You probably already know this and your post was a joke and I just didn't see the funny part, but I have to make sure you were just kidding because i would feel horrible if you are trying to figure out how to do this impossible for hours. LOl. Thanks for the laugh.
  • I have spent the last three evenings trying to draw a knife in paint that woukd split the file!! I even downloaded some pictures of knives to see if that would make a difference!!!!

Now you tell me it was a joke!!!!!!!
  • I'd like to help out. I need to know from copticuser20 the start time (mm:ss) of each part (for each file) AND also the green light from Father Peter for doing these splits, i.e. Father Peter, after your blessing and acceptance. God willing I'll upload them to a public server and get back to you with the link to download.

Like this:
    HG Bishop Moussa and HG Bishop Raphaeel, Liturgy of St. Basil
    part 1 00:00 to ??:??
    part 2 ??:?? to ??:??
    etc.

Same for:
    HG Bishop Apakir, Liturgy of St. Basil w/ Ibrahim Ayad
    etc.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dear Father Peter, luckily you've posted your reply 24 hrs earlier, on March 31  ;)

GBU
  • Geomike,

Although Abouna was probably joking, I actually considered drawing the knife until you told him it wouldn't work.

We're not all computer geniuses here, so please choose your words carefully (or at least say "joke" at the end) :P

The knife sounded like a really cool idea too....  ::)
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10417.msg135153#msg135153 date=1301890769]
    I'd like to help out. I need to know from copticuser20 the start time (mm:ss) of each part (for each file) AND also the green light from Father Peter for doing these splits, i.e. Father Peter, after your blessing and acceptance. God willing I'll upload them to a public server and get back to you with the link to download.

Like this:
    HG Bishop Moussa and HG Bishop Raphaeel, Liturgy of St. Basil
    etc.

Same for:
    HG Bishop Apakir, Liturgy of St. Basil w/ Ibrahim Ayad
    etc.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dear Father Peter, luckily you've posted your reply 24 hrs earlier, on March 31  ;)

GBU

Sure. I will get back to you once I listen to them again.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10417.msg135180#msg135180 date=1301920123]
    Geomike,

Although Abouna was probably joking, I actually considered drawing the knife until you told him it wouldn't work.

We're not all computer geniuses here, so please choose your words carefully (or at least say "joke" at the end) :P

The knife sounded like a really cool idea too....   ::)

LOL, I am so sorry TITL. I honestly thought you guys knew it was a joke. Really sorry.