what to do about it..

2»

Comments

• I believe the way the prose was written was with the expectation of finding acceptance and forwarding of the relationship.
  • I don't know, but I won't speculate either way. I think the fact she received a consensus of "no"s should speak for itself.
  • Dzheremi,

I don't think you get the message on how women discuss things.  They really don't want an opinion.  They are looking for affirmation and just to continually talk about the topic.  They don't want solution, they want catharsis.

I'll bet you...
  • Hmm. With due respect, ILSM, this is not a polite direction for this topic to go in. I am not a woman, so I can't say why women do this or that. I only hope that Agpeya heeds the advice given to her here by both men and women, priests and laypeople.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11131.msg134589#msg134589 date=1301452234]
    Dzheremi,

I don't think you get the message on how women discuss things.  They really don't want an opinion.  They are looking for affirmation and just to continually talk about the topic.  They don't want solution, they want catharsis.

I'll bet you...

Thats not true, I do want an opinion I was looking for Christian advice. I think I was getting one word answers because I put options on the topic at first. I took it off now so maybe I'll get in depth questions.

God Bless
  • My apologies.  Sometimes my chauvinism takes over.  I will bow out along with my crude remarks.
  • Its okay brother! Any other opinions?
  • Since you asked:  The Yankees do not have a single good starting pitcher for this year.  It is very disheartening.
  • Ah...I see someone likes baseball ;D
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11131.msg134589#msg134589 date=1301452234]
    Dzheremi,

I'll bet you...

Dear ILSM,

What was the point of this post? Seriously, what's your deal? I'm not a feminist, but I take offense to what you said. No one here asked you specifically for your advice, so if you thought that Agpeya's intentions were different than she mentioned, there was no need for you to reply at all. You are passing judgment, not only on Agpeya, but on all women. I'm not sure what you have been trying to accomplish in your last few posts on various threads, but I sure hope it makes you feel better about yourself because no one else has benefitted from what you've had to say.

Sorry to be harsh, but apparently that's how you roll.

Pray for me.
  • I wholeheartedly agree with Mansour89...

I dislike feminism, and feminist activists and all that kind of junk. A lot of things you've said ILSM is VERY offensive.

Btw, why apologise Mansour89? I don't see why you needed to apologise, you didn't say anything that required an apology.
  • [quote author=Mikhail™ link=topic=11131.msg134648#msg134648 date=1301474970]
    I wholeheartedly agree with Mansour89...

I dislike feminism, and feminist activists and all that kind of junk. A lot of things you've said ILSM is VERY offensive.

Btw, why apologise Mansour89? I don't see why you needed to apologise, you didn't say anything that required an apology.

ILSM shouldn't have written that but he apologized so how about now we just not talk about this anymore if you don"t mind because it can only lead to people getting mad. I was offended at first but he realized what he did and said he would stop commenting like that on here so thats it. God bless!
  • [quote author=Agpeya link=topic=11131.msg134673#msg134673 date=1301492509]
    [quote author=Mikhail™ link=topic=11131.msg134648#msg134648 date=1301474970]

ILSM shouldn't have written that but he apologized so how about now we just not talk about this anymore if you don"t mind because it can only lead to people getting mad. I was offended at first but he realized what he did and said he would stop commenting like that on here so thats it. God bless!

You are a very polite and humble person Agpeya..

Don't despair.. be strong! And I am not the best person to give advice, but may God lead u ont the right way and help you.

Pray for me!

Gb
  • Dear Agpeya,

I know where you are going trough, for I have had the same problem and even worse..  
    As someone who has experience with this kind of problems, I strongly recommend u not to continue with talking with him in the telephone and quite it as soon as possible, for u will get more feelings towards him and believe me, it will be really hard to stop then!

May I ask u how old are you? Like others already said, it depends of your age also.
    Forgive me, i don't know what I could advise u more, cause I am a crazy girl who has had the same stuff, lol. May the Lord guide you!
    May the blessings of the Great Fast be with you.

Gb
  • [quote author=*Who am I... of Jesus* link=topic=11131.msg134677#msg134677 date=1301494524]
    Dear Agpeya,

I know where you are going trough, for I have had the same problem and even worse..  
    As someone who has experience with this kind of problems, I strongly recommend u not to continue with talking with him in the telephone and quite it as soon as possible, for u will get more feelings towards him and believe me, it will be really hard to stop then!

May I ask u how old are you? Like others already said, it depends of your age also.
    Forgive me, i don't know what I could advise u more, cause I am a crazy girl who has had the same stuff, lol. May the Lord guide you!

Gb

We are both young adults. I already have strong feelings for him, I know cutting it off will hurt. but if you don't mind why do you feel that would be the right option? I feel that this could possibly go somewhere if we perhaps communicate our feelings for eachother. Could you talk a little of your experience? God Bless
  • [quote author=+Marmar+ link=topic=11131.msg134674#msg134674 date=1301494035]
    [quote author=Agpeya link=topic=11131.msg134673#msg134673 date=1301492509]
    [quote author=Mikhail™ link=topic=11131.msg134648#msg134648 date=1301474970]

You are a very polite and humble person Agpeya..

Don't despair.. be strong! And I am not the best person to give advice, but may God lead u ont the right way and help you.

Pray for me!

Gb

God Bless you sister or brother in Christ. Thanks for your encouragement.
  • Hey Agpeya,
    I'm not really experienced with relationships with guys.  However, I can tell you what I know of long-distance relationships because I've had many of those.  A lot of them started out where I live and people moved away :(
    Here's the thing...people change.  I used to be close friends with this woman.  Then, she got married and moved away to another state.  We used to talk a lot and I used to see her at church often and we hung out after church sometimes.  Slowly, we stopped calling each other and our relationship dwindled.  This happened with me in two other cases.  It's a part of life.  People will come and go in your life.  People simply move on with the new life they're in and sad to say, forget people in their old life (except for family, obviously).  Because you don't see this guy in person a lot, I would discourage you from pursuing the establishment of a relationship.  Sad to say, from my experience, men are not what they appear to be...most of the time.  You may have seen him a few times and he may have told you about himself quite a bit and vice versa but you can never really know a person unless you spend a great deal of time with him/her and see how he/she interacts with other people, speak, etc.  You should talk to your FOC and he will guide you as to what you should do :)
  • [quote author=Agpeya link=topic=11131.msg134681#msg134681 date=1301495427]
    [quote author=*Who am I... of Jesus* link=topic=11131.msg134677#msg134677 date=1301494524]
    Dear Agpeya,

Gb

We are both young adults. I already have strong feelings for him, I know cutting it off will hurt. but if you don't mind why do you feel that would be the right option? I feel that this could possibly go somewhere if we perhaps communicate our feelings for eachother. Could you talk a little of your experience? God Bless

Oh, you are bot young adults.
    Because i thought that if u were a young person, like me (18), it could lead to problems. If u read these posts from a few years ago, you will know what I mean. http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,7412.msg97985.html#msg97985
    But in your case, it's a bit different, especially because you life on a big distance.
    One of my reasons why I think you should quite this relationship, is that it could lead to sin. Now I assume that you are not like me and a good girl, and you are older than me too, and probably like you said, you don't even see each other that much. However, it don't must only be physically sinning, but in the mind and heart also and trough talking. If you have feelings tosomeone, you often don't know what you are saying/doing (atleast, with me) and you both could get weak.
    But I have a few questions for u:

1. Are u sure that this guy has the same feelings towards you?
    2. Do you intend to marry this guy if so?
    3. Does your Father of Confession (FOC) and parents know about this?

Now I am absolutely the last person who should ask the last question, but It's wise if they know about it, so they can lead you and prevent you from doing something wrong.

I really believe you should talk to your FOC about it, he will give you more and better advice.

Remember me in your prayers,

God bless you.