God's Promises

2»

Comments

• ok i cheked if i got it......but unfortunatly its somfin else!
    well my one is titled
    The Prayer of St John Chrysostom
    According to the Hours of the Day and Night
    The Great Lent 2004
    Fasting and Prayer Program

but my one is also really coool
    but its impossible to type up coz its sooooo much on only one card.....
    well thanxs for the gr8 stuff 'god child'
    GB
  • Hey Sherry,
    YES! Thats right, this years version was based on the prayers of St. John Chrysostom! You know what i'm talking about :)

The stuff i'm typing up is last years version :)

GB

• lol
    u have the one im talkin bout?
    it is also really nice....but its longer
    wich chuch did u get that from...i wanna buy one! if i can....
    ok well sanks for ur good work and GB dude
  • Hey Sherry,
    Yes, i have the one you're talking about :)

Um, it was from St. Mary's... I'm not sure if they're still being produced, but you could always ask :)

God's Blessings right back at ya!
  • MY EARTHEN VESSELS

Dear Work of My Hands,

Sometimes you look at your life and all you see are the imperfections. And it’s true, being human, you can’t escape them. But I don’t expect your life to run perfectly, and I know you still have challenges in your future. All I ask is that you trust Me and allow Me to use you just as you are. For I have created you to be a vessel, an earthen vessel, filled with Me.

To be My vessel you don’t need to be perfect – just available. Consider a man perishing from thirst. At the well, he finds an old, chipped piece of pottery in the form of a serviceable jug. Perhaps he knows of the finely glazed ceramic pitcher on the other side of town. But the stoneware jug is here right now, ready to be used. For which vessel would he be most thankful? So, I remind you, trust Me, and remain available to Me. Let Me use you to pour out My love upon others. And in due time, your earthen imperfections will be transformed into heavenly glories!

Let Me mould you as the potter moulds a piece of clay… “But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8)

In My hands,
    Your King

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised to mould me and use me as Your vessel. Help me Lord to be like clay in Your hands.
  • wow...that one's really nice..thanks again :) God Bless.
  • You're very welcome - but lets thank Him instead, they are HIS promises after all :)

HEAR MY VOICE

Dear One,
    Sometimes you think I’m not talking to you. Perhaps you’re rushing through a busy day and you long for help or direction, but you don’t think you’ll get it, or you’re just too distracted to take time to ask. But, I want you to know that if you slow down a little and listen, you will begin to hear My voice because I am eager to speak to you.

My voice is like the whisper of snow falling in a solitary wood, like the sound of the breeze gently caressing the trees. And to hear Me, you must train your inner ears to listen. Really listen. You must develop and nurture a quiet spirit that is ready to hear. You must tune yourself to My frequency. And that takes patience, time, and a willingness to quiet your heart in My presence. But it is well worth it, for I have wonderful things to tell you.

Search for My still small voice just as My prophet Elijah did… “And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave.” (1 Kings 19:11-13)

Whispers of love,
    Your Heavenly Father

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised to speak to me and to whisper Your words into my heart. Help me Lord to listen to Your voice with attentive ears.
  • KNOW THAT I AM GOD

My Child,

As much as I long for you to know Me as your heavenly Father, and to have you, like a small child, crawl onto My lap and experience My love, I also want you to understand My incredible omnipotence. For, it is true, I am the Lord God Almighty. I did create the heavens and the earth. And I am the beginning and the end – everything is in My hands. You’ll never fully understand My power and majesty. But I want you to respect it.

For only as you respect it can you rest in the assurance that I, the Lord God, have everything under control. And only then can you begin to trust that I hold your life in My hands and I am able to protect you and keep you each day of your life. So experience the glorious awe of knowing who I am, and relish My majesty.

All I ask of you is to… “Be still, and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)

In power and majesty,
    The Almighty

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised that You are the Almighty God and that You have everything under Your control. Help me Lord to stand in awe of Your power, glory and majesty.
  • IN MY TIME

Dear One,
    I know it’s hard to wait. Whether it’s in a doctor’s waiting room while someone you love is in pain or for an important call and the phone refuses to ring. Whether it’s due to long lines, inept clerks, or slow elevators, waiting is tough. And the fact is our culture has become accustomed to having what it wants quickly – often at the push of a button – and patience can seem a rare virtue indeed.

I operate on a different time clock than you do. What you may consider a waste of time, I may see as an opportunity for something altogether different. Perhaps when the stoplight is red for a prolonged period, I simply want you to take that moment to bring your cares to Me. Or when someone doesn’t show up on time, perhaps you need to quiet your spirit and say a quick prayer for that person’s welfare. So, practice patience and remember, My timing is perfect, for… “He has made everything beautiful in its time.” (Ecclesiastes 10:11)

Patiently,
    The Creator of All Time

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised that Your timing is perfect. Help me Lord to have patience to wait on Your timing.
  • oh wow, thats so beautiful ;D thats a great way to think, wow. and i love the prayer that goes along with it, its so simple yet so powerful!

GOd bless you GodChild and everybody

SOMS
  • Hey there God child,

We missed you! Glad you are back with your beautiful letters from God. :)

God bless you,

ML
  • SOMS - so happy you are enjoying His promises

ml - thank you! I've just been busy with exams - however, will keep posting :)

Keep watching for letter 19 [guys, we're not even half-way thru them yet! I gotta pick up speed... pray for me :) ]
  • BE GENEROUS, MY CHILD

Dear Child of Mine,

I know you understand that generosity is a positive attribute. But sometimes you grow overly concerned by your own needs, and it robs the joy of giving to others. So first, My child, come to Me and tell Me what you need. Then trust Me to provide it.

This will make it possible for you to give generously and with a cheerful spirit. For that’s the sort of giving that pleases Me most. I delight to see a gift that is given wholeheartedly with no false motives, but simply out of a kind and generous spirit. That’s the sort of generosity that I can bless and multiply in unimaginable ways.

The amazing miracle of generosity is that those who gladly share of themselves and their resources always receive far more than the recipients. So, learn to give cheerfully, My child, and watch how I will bless you!

“But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” (2 Corinthians 9:6-8)

With all generosity,
    Your Provider

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised that a generous spirit will never go unnoticed by You. Help me Lord to always give with a cheerful heart.
  • Hi guys,
    Last post for the day, i promise :)

For all the people who have either posted or IM'd me RE: where to get a copy of these - i've finally found their original source. Please IM me if you would like to get your hands on a copy and i'll give you more details cause i can't put them up in this thread.

peace,
    godchild
  • MY FRUIT IN YOU

Dear Beloved,
    I know how you desire to grow and mature spiritually. You’d like to be patient and loving and kind on a regular basis – even when times are tough. Yet, I see how you struggle with these qualities, perhaps blaming yourself for not measuring up or being good enough. But, there’s an easier way, My child. Let Me explain.

Simply abide in Me. Spend time with Me, listen to Me, learn from Me. Let My Spirit lead and guide you. And, as a natural result, you will be begin to grow and mature without striving. It’s like a branch on a fruit tree. As long as that branch remains firmly and healthily attached to the trunk, it cannot help but bear good, wholesome fruit. It’s merely a by-product of that intertwined relationship. And so it is with you, dear one; stay connected to Me, and you cannot help but bear spiritual fruit that is both lovely and lasting.

And the spiritual fruits are these… “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)

Abundantly,
    The Giver of Every Good Gift

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised me the fruits of the Spirit. Help me Lord to always abide in You so that I may bear good fruits.