10 Coptic Christians Killed in Sectarian Clashes in Egypt

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/03/09/egypt.clashes/?hpt=T2

I am not sure if praying will bring peace in the Middle East. I don't think Islam is really about peace - is it?

Sorry.. its 10 Coptic Christians killed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12683568

Comments

• It's... I'm kind of lost for words. Anyone care to tell me the number of times this has happened?

It is surreal in a way.

Is Islam about peace... I would laugh if this wasn't utterly heinous.
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=10950.msg132579#msg132579 date=1299673130]
    It's... I'm kind of lost for words. Anyone care to tell me the number of times this has happened?

It is surreal in a way.

Is Islam about peace... I would laugh if this wasn't utterly heinous.

You know the worst part JG? I'm getting now used to this type of news?

Moderate muslims are going to say "Ah.. but this isn't Islam. Those who kill are not 'real' muslims". But that is a total lie, because NO ONE is innocent in Islam except muslims. That's what they do not tell you.

Let's face it... the honeymoon period is over. Copts are not and never will be part of their country so long as you have muslims running it with Article 2 still in place.

This isn't about moderate Muslims, vs extremists... this is about a country whose legal system is based on Islamic laws that allow for the persecution of non Muslims. Whether a Muslim agrees with any of this hatred displayed by their fellow Muslims is neither here nor there! What is killing Copts is the clear call to hate non muslims in the Koran.

Where does this hatred come from?

The God of the Bible, His Sun shines on the wicked and the righteous. He loves everyone. Even those who are wicked.

The god of the koran loves muslims more than non muslims. If he didn't, he wouldn't be a "fair god". Would he? Do you see where hatred comes from JG?

And the worst part, is that Americans think that this killing has nothing to do with Islam. I think muslims who are moderate and disagree with violence against copts having nothing to do with Islam themselves.

• I totally agree with you.

Lord have mercy.
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=10950.msg132583#msg132583 date=1299675878]
    I totally agree with you.

Lord have mercy.

Im just curious, but what exactly do they want? When will Coptic Christians be able to live in peace and pray in peace in their homeland?
  • I don't think they "want" anything. It's just an inherent evil that has pervaded through society. And it's source is the religion. How can you separate something from itself? Islam IS the society.
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=10950.msg132586#msg132586 date=1299679711]
    I don't think they "want" anything. It's just an inherent evil that has pervaded through society. And it's source is the religion. How can you separate something from itself? Islam IS the society.

OK.. but are they hating us until we become muslim or until when?

Is that it?

And all this killing and persecution is meant to help us make that decision to leave Christ and become muslim or what?

• Can you say:  Muslim Brotherhood.

I thought we were going to have democracy.

It seems the MB's are getting more of a grip on everything in the country.
    Where is the media coverage?  Too busy with Libya and the Gaddafi the lunatic.
    Gaddafi is entertainment.  Americans want entertainment, not actual facts, liberty,
    and justice.

Where is Justice?  It only reigns in the hand in the Son of the Living God--Jesus Christ.
    There is no justice in Islam.  There is no justice in the Western World or their clamor in
    power.
  • to quote one of the posters seen at the demonstration:
    rabena mawgood; our Lord is present (with us).
    we suffer in nigeria, pakistan, somalia, iraq and so many other countries.
    God is bringing people to Himself all over the world and the enemy is seeking revenge against God's people.

all over the world we are crying out to God and He will listen to our prayers and give us His deep spiritual peace.
    so whatever the circumstances we can stay close to Him.
    we respond with tears, with prayers and with letters and demonstrations, but let us not look for revenge or hate as this itself is the way the enemy affects our suffering hearts, making us turn anger and bitter.

when we refuse to turn to hate, despite the pain and suffering, then we can truly say our enemy is defeated.
    those martyrs who now rest now in the arms of our God have defeated the enemy; no longer can he tempt them to hate or kill; they are truly safe; they have run the race; they have gained the prize.

may God have mercy  :(
  • Memory eternal.

I'm really furious.

And I'm also furious about the Western media portraying this as: Fights BETWEEN Copts and Muslims while the Muslims are the aggressors and the killers..