God's Promises

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi Guys,
I've come accross a series of 40 Letters from God's Heart to yours. I would REALLY love to share them with you - so i'll try get one up here everyday ... let me know what you think of them. I pray you enjoy them as much as i do :)

god child

Comments

• This is the Introductory Letter:

A LETTER FROM GOD

Dear One,
    Oh, how I long to speak to you. How I desire to reveal My endless and perfect love for you. How I long for you to experience My goodness and understanding, My great care and compassion.

Do you know how much My heart hungers to speak directly to your heart? Have you any idea how I wait for you to come to Me? How I long for you to know that I am ready to speak and eagar to listen. For I have infinite words of wisdom and direction for your life. And I long to guide and encourage you on a daily basis.

So, come to Me and listen to My words. Learn from Me and fully experience My never-ending love for you.

All My love,
    Your Heavenly Father
  • Letter 1:

MY LOVE FOR YOU

Dear Beloved,
    I know how you have longed for love. I have watched you seek it from those who should have loved you and from those who didn’t even care. And all the while I was waiting – always ready to wrap My arms of love around you and gather you to Myself. My love for you began so long ago – way back when I formed you in your mother’s womb. And long ago, I loved you as a child; and sometimes you even knew it. I’ve loved you through all your heartbreaks and disappointments and triumphs. And I loved you even when you didn’t love yourself – or Me.

My love for you, unlike human love, is perfect; and I will continue to love you no matter what. And, yes, My child, I will love you always and forever.

Engrave in your heart the words of St. Paul the Apostle…
    “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39)

With never-ending love,
    Your Heavenly Father

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised me perfect and unconditional love. Help me Lord to always abide in Your love.
  • wow its really touching ..thanks for sharing :)
  • Letter 2:

MY GIFT OF PEACE

Dear Child of Mine,
    I understand your desire for peace. But sometimes, dear one, you confuse peace with escape. You think that life would be much more peaceful if only you could simply get away from all your problems.

But My peace isn’t like that. My peace is like snuggling into a sturdily built house during a raging hurricane. The storm outside may bluster and blow, but the immovable house will keep you safe from all harm.

To experience My peace, you must first trust Me with your heart and your life. And even when you feel anxious, you must keep your faith anchored securely in Me, your loving Father. Do these simple things, and you will no longer need to search for peace. It will begin to flow from deep inside you.

My Child… “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27)

Shalom,
    The Prince of Peace

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised me the gift of peace. Help me Lord to realise that your peace is more precious that all the world’s riches.
  • They realy are beautiful. Thanks a lot. God bless.
  • Letter 3:

MY POWER AND STRENGTH

My Own,
    I know how you’ve always longed to be a strong person. I fully realise how you desire more power in your life. And it’s not that you are powerless, for you make choices for yourself everyday. But it is never enough, is it? You always long for more.

If you really do want more strength and power, I urge you to identify your areas of weakness – those places where you struggle. As you ask for My help and allow Me to become involved in those areas, you will find that your weaknesses will soon become your strengths. How is that possible? Even in those areas where you feel strong and powerful, you alone cannot match what the two of us can do together. Call on Me, I am longing to help you.

For it is when you are weak, then you are strong through Me… “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

In power and strength,
    The Almighty

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised me power and strength. Help me Lord to identify my weaknesses and draw my strength from You.
  • Letter 4:

MY WAYS ARE HIGHER

Dear One Whom I Love,
    You sometimes think you know what’s best and in many situations you are absolutely right. But not always. For your knowledge and experience are limited by your humanity. You cannot see beyond the here and now as I can. Nor can you fathom all the great and wonderful plans I have for you.

So instead of questioning why I do the things I do (and I know it can seem confusing), I hope you’ll come to accept that I want only what’d best for you. My plan for your life is far more wonderful, more fulfilling than anything you can imagine. So, come to Me. Place your trust in Me, and I will reveal great things to you – one wonderful step at a time.

Trust Me to guide you… “The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.” (Isaiah 58:11)

In all wisdom,
    The Alpha and Omega

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised me a great and wonderful plan for my life. Help me Lord to seek and to accept Your will in my life, for Your will is always best.
  • I love these letters :) they bring up really good points in a great way. Thanks for sharing them with us.
  • I really love the "My Love For You"letter cuz i felt like i related to that before in so many ways... keep the letters coming, they're absolutely wonderful! Thank u for taking the time to share them!

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • So so so happy you are enjoying them :)

Letter 5:

TRUST IN ME

Dear Child,
    I know you struggle with issues of trust. And it’s never easy to put your life into the hands of another. What if they fail you, or use you, or hurt you? And what about those who’ve already disappointed you – couldn’t it happen again?

But its not that way with Me, dear one. For I will never let you down. I cannot – for I am God. I will never abandon you. I will never forsake you. My love for you is as constant as the rising and setting of the sun – and even more so. And so, I ask you to trust Me – not just a little, and not just for a while. But reach out to Me with your whole heart and rest in My love for the rest of your days. I am waiting to show you who I am – and how completely worthy I am of your trust… “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Trust Me,
    The Lord of All

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised never to forsake or abandon me. Help me Lord to trust You with my whole heart and life.
  • Letter 6:

I AM SUFFICIENT

My Own,
    I see that you often get caught up in the concerns and demands of your daily life, and you don’t realise that I am here to take good care of you and provide for all your needs. You think that you alone are responsible for your provision – or that you alone control your destiny. Just remember all that I have done for you already, from creating the air that you breathe to the raw materials that provide a roof over your head.

So, please remember that I delight in providing for you, My child. It gives me Me great pleasure to bless you – and I love it when you come to Me! I hate to see you struggle when I have all you could ever want or need. I know what you need even before you do. Come to Me and see that I am sufficient to meet any need you may have.

Just as I look after the needs of the least of my creation I will also most certainly look after you… “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?... Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things” (Matthew 6:25-26, 31-32)

More than enough,
    The Great Provider

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised to provide for all my needs. Help me Lord to remember that You know all my needs and that You are sufficient to meet them.
  • i think its amazing how god promises us so much even though we dont derserve any of it.........imagine all he is asking is to follow himm......dont get me wrong we all are humans and it might be the hardest thing.....but than god has all eternity to show us that it was worth it....and eternity is sumthing that i cant even imagine....no pain, no tears, no troubles,....just pure joy with God....i thought that was cool....lol... ;D ;D ;D ;D....i hope and pray that we all make it to that joy....of course with the help of GOD who meets us more than half way.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • So true, we don't deserve it - He's tooooo sweet.

Letter 7:

MY PROTECTIVE ARMS:

Dear One,
    Consider how an earthly father longs to protect his beloved child. How much more do I desire to keep you safe from all harm! My eyes are constantly upon you, twenty-four hours a day! And I even send My angels to render help from time to time.

But more than anything else, I desire to protect your heart and your spirit. For as you know, all earthly bodies will pass away. But the rest of you (the most important part of you) longs to live forever with Me. And that is why I watch over you so diligently. That is why I wrap My everlasting arms of protection and love all around you, and that is why I draw you to Myself. So come to Me and rest in My protection, for you are safe in My arms… “For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpant you shall trample underfoot. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him in trouble; I will deliver him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation” (Psalm 91:11-16)

Protected by Me,
    The Lord God Almighty

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised to protect me all the days of my life. Help me Lord to remember that You are watching over me throughout the day and night.
  • O MAN!! i really really really like this one!! that was soo nice, thank u so much ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • You're very welcome... sorry its been a while...

COME TO ME

Dear Beloved One,
    When I urge you to come to Me, I simply mean for you to pray, to bring your problems and concerns to Me. Simply finding time to do that can be difficult in your fast-paced world. The best thing is to find the time of day that is most inspiring for you. Is that the quiet morning before your day begins? Is it the still of night before you doze off into restful slumber?

For Me, it is anytime and all the time! For I am always here, waiting for you, always ready to listen. Do you know how much I delight in hearing your voice? What father doesn’t enjoy his child’s voice? And there is absolutely nothing you can bring that is too small to interest Me. And nothing in your life is so big that it will overwhelm Me. All you say and think is important to Me. So, I encourage you to come to Me throughout the day. Talk to Me while you are driving, sitting, walking, kneeling. I invite you, dear one; come to Me and tell Me what’s on your heart. I’m always listening… “For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.” (Jeremiah 29:11-12)

Listening,
    Your Heavenly Father

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised to listen to my prayers. Help me Lord to come to You and tell You all that is on my heart.
  • IN HIS IMAGE

Dear Child of Mine,

Daily you are bombarded with images and ideals of today’s culture. Some are good and some are not. And occasionally the negative ones appear so subtly you hardly notice. At other times, they can blast you right in the face. But I want you to understand that this culture’s values are not necessarily My values, and even the ways people esteem things like beauty and success can differ greatly from My ways.

So, I invite you to allow Me to mould you into My image. Let Me teach you what is real success (quiet things like serving others and obeying Me). And let Me reveal to you what true beauty is (gentle things like kind deeds and generous hearts). For as you learn to see life through My eyes, your spirit will be lightened, and your life will take on new meaning.

I want to transform you… “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God” (Romans 12:2)

Transforming you,
    The King of kings

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised that You can transform me and make me into a new creation. Help me Lord to be moulded into Your image.
  • LET MY LIGHT SHINE IN YOU

Dear One,
    Do you know that I want to shine right through you? Do you know how that happens? You see, I am the light of the world. My truth, My love, My grace can shine like a beacon of light into your life. And if you allow Me, I can flow from you to those around you.

But don’t be worried, my friend, for this phenomena does not depend upon your own strength or power. You are only the lamp – the vessel. I am the one who provides the energy to create the light. All I need from you is a willingness to be used to help others see the light of My love for them. So let My light flow through you – and then witness firsthand how My love and truth and grace can chase away the darkness!

“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:14-16)

With no shadows,
    The Light of the World

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised me Your light in a darkened world. Help me Lord to be the lamp through which Your light shines.
  • YOUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, STRENGTH

Dear One Whom I Love,

I have written of My great love for you – it is vast, never-ending, and unconditional. But what of your love for Me?

I want you to love Me with all of your heart – that innermost part of your being, the quiet place where your spirit dwells. And I desire for you to love Me with all of your soul – the part of you that laughs and cries and understands beauty. I want you to love Me with all of your mind – with all of your wisdom and intellect. And finally I want you to love Me with every ounce of your strength – to pour yourself out for Me, knowing that I will renew you again.

I ask for such a complete and sacrificial love because I know that when you love Me with all your heart, you will listen to My words and follow as I lead you. This will help you to make good choices – choices that will bring happiness, fulfilment, and success to your life. I want you to love Me so that I can help you deal with your problems and enjoy your blessings. I want you to love Me so that you will better know My love for you.

This truly is the greatest commandment… “’And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these. … And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbour as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” (Mark 12:30-31,33)

In total love,
    Your Heavenly Father

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised that to love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength is more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices. Help me Lord to love You completely.
  • hello,
    its amazing how many contribution of posts u get to this thread, on two different sites :D
    GBU ;)
  • Hey there +++,
    Ha, i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

But yes, either way, i am simultaneously posting these letters here and on coptichymns.net :)

God Bless you :)
  • haheehehehehe,
    i think i was being a bit of both.
    1. Its True! (serious)
    2. i was amazed (sarcastic)
    see, a bit of both ::)...
    heheheh, lol
    GBU ;)
  • LOVE AS I LOVE

Dear Child of Mine,
    There will always be those people in this world who seem somewhat unlovable. So it has been since the beginning of time. But be thankful for them. For they’re like an invitation for you to come to Me and to allow Me to love through you. When someone is good and kind and easy to love, you don’t need My help. But, when someone is cantankerous and moody, it requires more of you – it requires Me. And when you involve Me, we can begin to make a difference. My love combined with your love is a miracle waiting to happen.

Learn to let Me love through you. And be reminded that My love isn’t an ordinary kind of love – it’s unconditional, unending, and full of grace. As you practice loving others in this fashion , just watch and see how it changes your own heart, too!

Let My love be perfected in you… “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.” (I John 4:7-12)

Most lovingly,
    The Lord on High

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised to help me love those around me. Help me Lord to learn to love through You so that I can love those whom I find difficult to love.
  • Hey where do you get these from...

God Bless.

Mike
  • Every lent, one of the Churches in Sydney produces a devotional for every day of the fast (they come on little palm cards that fit in a CD cover :) ] - this was the one that was produced for 2003.

Yup, thats how i got a hold of them :)

• That is without a doubt awesome. Hopefully there will be something like that in our Church. Keep up the good work God's Child. God Bless you.

Mike
  • So happy you are enjoying them... :)

FORGIVE AS I FORGIVE

Dear Forgiven One,

Have you ever noticed how a healthy pond both receives and gives fresh water? That constant come-and-go current keeps the water clean and pure. And so it is with forgiveness, dear friend. In the same way that I pour My forgiveness onto you, I want you to freely and generously pour it onto all those around you.

So I encourage you to forgive quickly. The moment you realise you’ve been wronged, step away from bitterness and move toward forgiveness. Don’t wait for offenders to ask, just quietly forgive them and move on. And like that pond full of crystal-clear water, you, too, will be filled with life, health, and happiness.

Christ died for the forgiveness of your sins, so always endeavour to … “be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you. Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.” (Ephesians 4:32-5:2)

In mercy and grace,
    The One Who Forgave All

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised me Your complete forgiveness. Help me Lord to follow Your example in forgiving others.
  • DON’T JUDGE MY CHILDREN

Dear Precious One,

How does an artist feel when someone criticizes his workmanship? Of course, he takes it personally – after all, his art is an extension of himself. And so it is with Me. I don’t like to hear people judging and criticizing others. Not only did I create each person, but I created him or her in My own image. When I hear someone being criticized, I take it personally.

You see, I know all the struggles My children are facing. You may see some of those, but I’m the only one who knows the whole story. I look at all My children with eyes of love and understanding. You will never see other people the way I see them, and they will never see you the way I do. But I hope that you will place you confidence in Me and know that I am at work. And then show My mercy and love to those around you!

“For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)

Knowing all,
    The Lord God Almighty

PRAYER: Lord, You have promised to look at all my weaknesses with eyes of love and understanding. Help me Lord not to judge others and to realise that when I look down on others, I look down on You.
  • These are great! Thanks for taking the time and effort to type these and post them. They truly are beautiful.

May God bless you for your love and hard work!

ML
  • hey there ml,

You are really very welcome :) the pleasure is mine ...

Keep watching for letter 15... [25 to go!]

God Bless,
    godchild
  • [quote author=god child link=board=1;threadid=639;start=15#msg13068 date=1098155126]
    Every lent, one of the Churches in Sydney produces a devotional for every day of the fast (they come on little palm cards that fit in a CD cover :) ] - this was the one that was produced for 2003.

Yup, thats how i got a hold of them :)

oooooohhhhhh
    is that on the CD cover and it has the dates on the top or somfin.....
    aaaawwww
    i just realised if have one of those ....but i never read it coz i was busy at the time and its on my desk...
    lol i cant beleive myself..........!!!!!!!!