Genesis Questions!

Hello All! I have this servant's prep homework about Genesis and I can't get some of the questions!

How much was Isaac’s wealth impacted by the jealousy of the people around him?
Where is mention that Rebecca died? <--- Especially this one. I have no idea where this is.
How did Jacob life start? Did the same thing he did to others happen to him?
How many cultures did God speak to (or influence) in the story of Abraham? Is God exclusive to the Jews?
What did God allowed people to eat at various stages?
Compare the descendents of Seth to the descendents of Cain? How many generations it took for sin to be rampant?

Sorry for a lot of questions! The homework was much longer!

Thanks!

Comments

• Dude,

Let me be blunt:  Read the Book.
  • Oh I did. We have this reading schedule and we are on Exodus now but he gave us the Genesis homework after we finished it.  I will edit my original post to take out the questions I found.
  • lol then u should read it again. all of these questions should be known if you read and understood. If you did not understand the first time then read in again on your own. You say that you are in pre-servants, so if you do graduate and become a servant, you will be serving THE ALMIGHTY GOD who Created EVERYTHING! At least take the time to read and understand the Book to come closer to God and to be able to serve Him better. imagine I am a slave, and my job is to serve my master. Shouldn't I, at the VERY least, know what my master wants me to do? and the servant should get to know more about His master especially since our Master is also our Creator who gave His life for us, who are never doing what He wants us to do and are always running away from Him.

I am terribly sorry if I sound a bit harsh. I tried to write my post not toward you personally, but as if I was talking to myself and condemning myself, so please dont take it personally.

God bless your SERVICE!

btw: this thread is in the wrong section.
  • you are right. im a terrible person.

i know! i put it in youth corner and idk how it ended up in hymns
  • [quote author=athanasius piapostolikos link=topic=10580.msg128838#msg128838 date=1296330314]
    you are right. im a terrible person.

i know! i put it in youth corner and idk how it ended up in hymns

no please forgive me, i never meant that. when i post on this site i usually try to talk to the person and guide them as if i was giving myself advice.
  • I'll only answer one question and I'll only really tell you its approximate location.

Rebekah's death is mentioned within the last 3 chapters of Genesis (48, 49 or 50). You'll have to read them though to figure out (Tip: it's doesn't directly say it.) :)
    Please tell me if you figure it out.

Please pray for me
  • [quote author=anba bola link=topic=10580.msg128842#msg128842 date=1296335500]
    I'll only answer one question and I'll only really tell you its approximate location.

Rebekah's death is mentioned within the last 3 chapters of Genesis (48, 49 or 50). You'll have to read them though to figure out (Tip: it's doesn't directly say it.) :)
    Please tell me if you figure it out.

Please pray for me

Her death is not mentioned...just where she was buried, in 49:13
  • GODlovesme,

you're right actually. She died long before that, but it isn't mentioned that she died until Genesis 48, 49 or 50, and even then it isn't mentioned directly (it just says that she was buried which means she died)