australia, how are you?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hey, how are you guys in australia?
first threats against the churches and now floods and fires?
i suppose your country is really big, so it's not happening all at once, but are you guys ok?
our prayers are with you.

Comments

• +We survived the threats against the churches with God's Alimghty Hand
    The floods - News reporters said they are expected to rise a lot over the next 24 hours.. some areas are exceedingly affected, and some aren't.
    There are so many people missing and there are also confirmed deaths.. may the merciful God repose them.
    Many have lost their companies and major businesses had their power turned off.
    The weather is expected to get better though, thank God.
    To let you know, from what i have heard, noone from the Coptic Community is in danger. But those who are, are still God's creation.
    Please keep praying for those who are experiencing the effects of the floods and for us and for one another.
  • hi,

Actually 4 Coptic families have been affected in Brisbane (where the floods are) news reports say that 10 people are confirmed dead with 80 people missing and don't even get started with property damage. But thank God no one from the coptic community is seriously hurt, and they say that they collected $30,000,000 worth of donations, with alot of churches, community centers and other families opening their doors for the families that were affected.

This country really is CRAZYY!! While there is a tsunami flooding in one end of the country, there are bush fires in the other end. Please remember everyone in your prayers.
  • The fix for this, build a big barrier like the one in New Orleans, USA, it will stop flooding and no more deaths. My family lives in Melbourne Australia, far from the floods thank God.
  • Just as a reminder:  the levies, dikes, dams, did not help New Orleans.  The city was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10434.msg126902#msg126902 date=1294871629]
    Just as a reminder:  the levies, dikes, dams, did not help New Orleans.  The city was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Are there hurricanes in Australia? Unlikely unless the East Australian Current changes direction as well as the entire Pacific Oceanic Current. :P, Barriers should do the trick, but it's pricy. Or Australia can just dig more holes in the ground for the water to go into.
  • It seems that a Government report said that all of the land which has been flooded was at risk decades ago but the Australian Government covered the report up so that people could build on lower lying flood plain land.

It is the same here in the UK. People build on land that floods and then wonder why it floods. There was a flood last year and the media kept showing video of an ancient village which had become an island. The old houses were all safe from flooding, but it was the modern houses that had been built where there was the possibility/liklihood of flooding.

Our prayers are with all those affected, especially those who have lost their lives, and the bereaved. But often we humans take risks and then do not face up to them. Those who have allowed housing to be built on low lying land should be disciplined.

Father Peter
  • But often we humans take risks and then do not face up to them. Those who have allowed housing to be built on low lying land should be disciplined.

Losing a house and all possessions is too much discipline. I was thinking just a smack on the hand would do it..

Quick question, Fr. Peter: did you really threaten to cut geomike's throat in the deleted thread?
  • Well I guess that those who allowed housing to be built on flood lands should go to prison.

Of course I did not threaten anything beyond moderation on the thread I deleted. If I am allowed to have feelings as a priest and moderator I was rather sad at the way the thread degenerated and the fact that my moderator comment was changed in such a way. Not least because google indexes tasbeha straight away and it is very wrong that my name (or anyone's if their posts had been changed in such a way also) should be associated with such a comment and then available all over the internet.

Father Peter
  • I misunderstood. I thought you meant the people who own houses on low land should be disciplined, but you were referring to the people who allowed houses to be built. I agree with prison, and a smack on the hand for those who bought the houses.

I was rather sad at the way the thread degenerated

I contributed into making the thread lose it's purpose, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I am, however, relieved to know you didn't own the moderated comments.
    Such words are a little intimidating coming from a priest :)
  • actually (sorry hi everyone), threats still open, today at my church two muslims walked in and took a photo of the inside of the church and then one of the church people asked them who they were because he didnt recognise them and they said some things but i am not sure exactly what but then they said they are muslims and then the church people called the cops and they came wearing bullet proof vests and they were talking to some people and asking them some questions. what do u think about that? like seriously what do they want. like not fully accusing them of anything but seriously its not everyday someone from a opposite religion walks into the church and takes a picture. well cya
    btw i think a coptic church got flooded according to what i heard at church today. well cya
  • May the Lord help all who were affected by this catastrophe.

GBU
  • i got a pm from someone in brisbane, saying how God was taking care of them through difficult times.
    may God bless all those in australia and other places who go through hard times