What was i to do...

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello everyone

Earlier today as i was eating with my family, My dad asked me if i ate at school,
I said yeah. Truth is i didn't eat at school today is Friday. I was scared he was going to be mad at me and tell me i don't need to do that. I hate lying and know it is bad but i didn't know what to do!!!
I this big enough to not take Holy Communion, on Sunday?

Pray for me guys, a sinner.
May God have mersy on us all

Comments

• Today is a minor feast. You shouldn't have fasted.

Just tell your dad you lied. Simple.
  • When someone asks you if you are fasting what do you tell them?
    Cana of Galilee was celebrated yesterday, thats what it said in my small calendar book, I needed to fast today.

• Today is the feast of the Wedding of Cana: http://www.copticchurch.net/classes/getLectionary.php?g_year=2011&g_month=01&g_day=21&tom=1

Also, you shouldn't disobey your parents behind their backs if they don't want you to fast. You can explain to them why you want to fast that day, and if they don't agree, pray that they let you fast. At least this is what my Father of Confession told me.

As for not taking Communion on Sunday I agree with TITL. Tell your dad that you lied, and then take Communion on Sunday.
  • There was no fasting by abstinence today since it was a Lord's Feast Day, yet the rule of vegan applied.
  • hey, 'Cana of Galilee was celebrated ' i thought we celebrated Jonah's fast
  • I used to have the same problem, my dad often wants me not to fast and then he makes deliberatly
    fatari food..

However I agree with anba bola. Whatever happened, we should always obey our parents..*ahum.*

[quote author=anba bola link=topic=10516.msg127779#msg127779 date=1295668158]
    Today is the feast of the Wedding of Cana: http://www.copticchurch.net/classes/getLectionary.php?g_year=2011&g_month=01&g_day=21&tom=1

Also, you shouldn't disobey your parents behind their backs if they don't want you to fast. You can explain to them why you want to fast that day, and if they don't agree, pray that they let you fast. At least this is what my Father of Confession told me.

As for not taking Communion on Sunday I agree with TITL. Tell your dad that you lied, and then take Communion on Sunday.

Pray for me

GB
  • [quote author=Mary E link=topic=10516.msg130900#msg130900 date=1297927704]
    hey, 'Cana of Galilee was celebrated ' i thought we celebrated Jonah's fast

Mary, this topic has been made on 21 feb, lol  :D

GB
  • Ohh, wow, my badddd i didnt read the date lol :D
    GB