Church

:)

Comments

• There are no official guidelines.

Abounas, relative to the situation, can intervene in different ways.  The priest's resources are relative to the abilities of a given community.  Relative to how dire the situation, determines the intervention.  Prayer is applicable in all situations.

The priest, sometimes in conjunction with a committee, is responsible for determining needy and worthiness.
  • btw, what is the general consensus about giving money to those "poor" people who wait at red lights and ask for your money? I never know what's the right thing to do
  • Same here, i want to help them by money, but i am afraid they are the kind of people that spend it on harmful things like cigarettes and alchohol.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=10303.msg125864#msg125864 date=1293782061]
    Same here, i want to help them by money, but i am afraid they are the kind of people that spend it on harmful things like cigarettes and alchohol.

You may be interested in this link, I certainly was www.pravoslavie.ru/english/42177.htm
  • [quote author=aidan link=topic=10303.msg125868#msg125868 date=1293791107]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=10303.msg125864#msg125864 date=1293782061]
    Same here, i want to help them by money, but i am afraid they are the kind of people that spend it on harmful things like cigarettes and alchohol.

You may be interested in this link, I certainly was www.pravoslavie.ru/english/42177.htm

Thank you Aidan, very good article! May God guide us always to doing His work..