Transcription of Words from the Ecumenical Day of Prayer

edited December 2010 in Coptic Orthodox Church
We need your help in transcribing the words from the speeches by the bishops at the Ecumenical Day of Prayer so we can post it online and make it available to everyone. You can find the videos at www.copticchurch.net.

To get started, pick a bishop's word and start writing down their entire speech word by word then post to this forum. To avoid duplication, please post which speech you'll be working on here.

Thanks for supporting our Coptic brothers in Egypt.

Completed
* H.G. Bishop Serapion's Word
* H.G. Bishop Suriel's Word

Comments

• I will do Anba David and if nobody is up for grabs I will also do Anba Youseff for now.
    I should have it done by the weekend, at the most next week.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to share in the blessing.
  • With the Grace of God I have transcribed all the word by HG Bishop Serapion, including the Arabic part. It is now ready in a Word 2003 document, how should I deliver it to you?

Did this to contribute, and to distract myself from my current difficulties.
    Please pray for me.

GBU

PS: it was difficult to do this with the user un-friendly jwplayer blip video player: file not cached so I had to reload few times.

Edit:
    mikesl, I've sent you a PM with the file link in case I get busy this week.

• Thanks John, this looks great. I'll PDF and post on the homepage.

You're in my prayer regarding your difficulties.

For others working on this, you can download the file to play locally with your media player by going to http://saintmark.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc then going to "Files and Links" then downloading the original file.
  • Thank you mikesl for your efforts and your prayers.
    I just found few minor errors I missed (sorry) can I correct it and send you the PDF?

GBU
  • Has anyone done Bp Surial?  I was totally blown away by his candor and forthrightness; blunt and to the point.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10198.msg125178#msg125178 date=1293056037]
    Has anyone done Bp Surial?  I was totally blown away by his candor and forthrightness; blunt and to the point.

Anba Suriel is always that way.....one reason i like his lectures.
  • ilovesaintmark,

How/Where did you hear his speech?
  • It is in the video clips on the Home page of Tasbeha.org.

I believe it is the last one.  I was talking to an Armenian priest yesterday, I played it for him in my office.  He liked it in its direct approach and tell of the truth.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10198.msg125178#msg125178 date=1293056037]
    Has anyone done Bp Surial?  I was totally blown away by his candor and forthrightness; blunt and to the point.

working on it now..
  • Thanks Truthsetsfree, I received your translation and posted it online