Kiahk Doxology's

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Do we say all 6 doxologies for kiahk for each vespers or matins or certain ones on certain weeks?

Comments

• [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=10131.msg123711#msg123711 date=1291679880]
    Do we say all 6 doxologies for kiahk for each vespers or matins or certain ones on certain weeks?

mainly the first one is enough.....
  • I've never attended a church that did all 6. That would be really neat to hear :)
    We, also, just sing the first doxology.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10131.msg123721#msg123721 date=1291685153]
    I've never attended a church that did all 6. That would be really neat to hear :)
    We, also, just sing the first doxology.

i did once....ya3ny sing it rather than attend a church that says them. also many churches choose specific ones. the first one always but also maybe the one for Archangel Gabriel (of the 6).

There are six:
    1- For the Virgin Saint Mary.
    2- Also for the Virgin Saint Mary.
    3- For the Annunciation of Archangel Gabriel to the Virgin Saint Mary.
    4- For the Annunciation of our Lord.
    5- For the Annunciation to Zacharias and the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:8-28).
    6- For the Archangel Gabriel.
  • At my church we say all six.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10131.msg123736#msg123736 date=1291689001]
    At my church we say all six.

which?
  • Minagir,

In reply to your question:  The one that I attend.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10131.msg123741#msg123741 date=1291689861]
    Minagir,

In reply to your question:  The one that I attend.

:)
  • ilovesaintmark is hilarious! I'm still laughing :P
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10131.msg123743#msg123743 date=1291689940]
    ilovesaintmark is hilarious! I'm still laughing :P

i am tooo tired to laugh so the smiley face is doing it for me.
  • Are you a hermit or something?
    Is there any information about you anywhere?
    Real name, e-mail...
  • Cyril97,

I'm assuming your last post was pointed in my direction.  Correct me if I am wrong, and for that matter my hubris in making that assumption.

Yes, I am a hermit.
    Yes, I value my privacy.
    No, it is not important who I am.  It does not change the flavor of things or my opinions.
    I don't want anyone flooding my email account or trying to hack into my computer as has happened before.
    PM's are fine.  I answer as best that I can.

I attend church as much as I can.
    I love the Divine Liturgy.  I just think It is amazing.  I like to drink every minute of It.  I don't look at my watch.
    The altar at my church is no different than the one you attend.
    What is even more glorious is that the Christ you receive at your altar is the same Christ I receive.  That is so special that we are a people, and a community, and we share in the Body of Christ.  So, does it really matter where I am?

Cyril, I am very sure you have a good heart.  I have been sure of that since you signed on and in your comments.  I do not need to see you or know you personally.  When we read each other's posts and writings we actually get a better glimpse into the soul and are not encumbered by the facades of meeting face to face.  Maybe if you knew who I was you may fall into a bias or preset label by someone else.

I wish you well.  I wish you have a chance to chant the Doxologies with a happy and feeling heart.  Whether you chant one or six, that each word may be a sweet representation of how wonderful this season is.  That Hope is manifest.  Hope is not a wish.  Hope is a deep rooted faith in the expectation of the  manifestation of God's Love.
  • Cyril,

http://www.gooogIe.co.uk/?gid=860169&hl=en&meta=o&q=ilovesaintmark

He doesn't exist. For all we know he can be a bot, who's trying to sell Jesus to us.

Where's Maged?
  • Even his posts number isn't a real number, like the rest of us.

Whats a leet?
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10131.msg123877#msg123877 date=1291772206]
    Cyril,

http://www.gooogIe.co.uk/?gid=860169&hl=en&meta=o&q=ilovesaintmark

He doesn't exist. For all we know he can be a bot, who's trying to sell Jesus to us.

Where's Maged?

YOU SERIOUS?!...you googled a name that he can go to his profile and change right now.....
  • I guess the Admins are out to get me.

I think a leet is a cross between a louse and feet.  So what they are trying to say is that I am lower than the feet of a louse.

It's okay.  My feelings are not hurt.  I have no feelings.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10131.msg123884#msg123884 date=1291774982]
    I guess the Admins are out to get me.

I think a leet is a cross between a louse and feet.  So what they are trying to say is that I am lower than the feet of a louse.

It's okay.  My feelings are not hurt.  I have no feelings.

hmmm....ilovesaintmark....if the admins are out to get you....they will? being admins, they can see anything you hide from us here also your ip address......how do you think they ban users from posting? they don't do it by simply not allowing him to post (no only atleast) but also by blocking their ip address.
  • YOU SERIOUS?!...you googled a name that he can go to his profile and change right now.....

Mina,

http://www.gooogIe.co.uk/?gid=860208&hl=en&meta=o&q=minagir

• [quote author=TITL link=topic=10131.msg123896#msg123896 date=1291776374]

YOU SERIOUS?!...you googled a name that he can go to his profile and change right now.....

Mina,

http://www.gooogIe.co.uk/?gid=860208&hl=en&meta=o&q=minagir

i don't get the joke!!!
  • i am very confused  :o
    but to the original question lol i wish my church said all 6!

+ sister in Christ +
  • Sorry mahraeel...
    I have to ask. How does a name mean go study for your exam...
    God bless,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=10131.msg124021#msg124021 date=1291850998]
    but to the original question lol i wish my church said all 6!

why can't u.
  • Cyril,

Why are you asking Mahraeel? The question should be directed towards me. I made the google search look that way.
    It's an inside joke between me and Mina, but I guess it's just between me and myself since Mina doesn't understand. 

I don't think people understood the google search with ilovesaintmark. I will stop creating google searches to save further confusion on this site.
  • lol TITL u cracked me up & minagir i am not sure. I guess they tend to skip a few hymns here & there

+ sister in Christ +
  • @TITL
    I was addressing you but I was apologizing to mahraeel for changing the piont.
    I guess it wasn't that clear...
    @ilovesaintmark
    I am sorry if I agitated you. I didn't mean to. I said it as a joke.
    @tasbeha.org(everbody)
    Do all of the doxologies get sung in the same tune?
    If so, I guess we could say them in my church...
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=10131.msg124198#msg124198 date=1291929796]
    @tasbeha.org(everbody)
    Do all of the doxologies get sung in the same tune?
    If so, I guess we could say them in my church...

yep........

and just for you, i just updated the text of all 6 doxologies. the reason: you'll find the english translation of the 3rd-6th anywhere.

+ First Doxology
    + Second Doxology
    + Third Doxology
    + Fourth Doxology
    + Fifth Doxology
    + Sixth Doxology
  • Cyril,

Actually I wasn't upset at all.  I was just putting things into perspective.